We have had 5 nights in the penthouse suite here. We would definitely return. The view from our balcony was priceless. The sun shines on you all morning and in the evening it is a haven after a long day. The overall impression of the apartment and the building is one of luxury. I do believe that it could be made better if there was somebody available to show you to your apartment. The lighting is difficult to master, there is an intercom inside the door which you would never understand how to use, even the coffee maker is not intuitive to use without help or an instruction book. I could go on. I would rather they charged a few euros more and gave you enough dishwasher tablets to last your whole stay, rather than one days worth.
The points above are minor but there are two things that do need to be changed in a €300 plus a night apartment. Firstly,there is no dedicated place for a lady to dry her hair or put makeup on. There is only one badly lit mirror in the bathroom for the entire apartment, and secondly the pillows are poor quality. I would expect to find them in a motel. I hope I have kept this criticism in context as we had a great time here and would not want to put anybody off staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suites Avenue, inaugurated in spring of 2009, is a new option for accommodations in Barcelona, directly opposite Gaudí's La Pedrera.These luxury tourist apartments are ideal for medium- to long-term stays and designed especially for family holidays and business trips.Located in the Eixample neighbourhood right on Barcelona's Passeig de Gràcia occupies a recently built avant-garde building with a spectacular stainless steel façade designed by Japanese architect Toyo Ito. It is a building that draws the attention of Barcelona residents and tourists alike, and it has become an architectural icon.Suites Avenue has independent apartments of 45 to 86 m2, with one or two luxury bedrooms, independent kitchen, sitting-dining room and shared services like two outdoor swimming pool, a solarium, a communal terrace with views looking over Passeig de Gràcia, a gym, a sauna and a museum with original Hindu and Buddhist pieces on display.ServicesLuxury apartments equipped with all electrical appliances, furniture and utensils in the following categories: 6 superior, 12 superior Pedrera View, 15 deluxe, 6 deluxe Pedrera view, 2 Pedrera penthouse24-hour reception serviceWi-Fi in all areas2 outdoor swimming pool and solariumGym and saunaMassages on request Business centerHindu and Buddhist museumMini barBreakfast serviceParkingCleaning serviceLaundry and ironing serviceSmall dogs allowedShould you require anything further, or find you have time on your hands that you would like to spend doing something original and unique, please let us know. The concierge will provide assistance to make your stay in Barcelona a success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Derby Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Suites Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suites Avenue Hotel Barcelona
- Suites Avenue Barcelona, Catalonia