“Excellent Stay!”

Ranked #23 of 326 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Excellent Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was the best B&B we stayed in during our 2.5 month europe trip. Our private room was big and very comfortable. Shared bathroom was big and super clean too. Staff was very friendly. Wifi was free and so was breakfast. Only thing we could have asked for was public computers and a bigger breakfast. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

The definite thing to say about Casa de Billy is that you actually feel like at home there. Rooms are very spacious, nicely furnished and are cleaned every day(the whole building has nice a bit old fashioned/ vintage swing to it - I loved the elevator :D) . The stuff is SUPER nice and welcoming. There's a breakfast served in the morning which consists of a croissant (amazing one!), marmalade and coffee/tea + fresh orange juice. Everything was really really great :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank agataabi
Lisboa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Me and my Boyfriend discovered this friendly bed and breakfast it´s being well located, clean and quiet even getting in a busy street.
The sympathy of Siri made ​​our stay a great week.
Recommend to all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed here for a week last year when me and my girl friend went to Sonar Festival.
Very nice, basic, clean place. I was a bit weary of having to share a bathroom, but it was all clean. The people running it where friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the morning was nice.
Situated right next to 2 metro stops, which was brilliant for getting everywhere around the city.
When I compared it to a 2 person room in a hostel it was hell of a lot cheaper, and I bet a lot better after hearing the horror stories of the ones on Las Ramblas.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Leipzig
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at Casa de Billy for 11 days in February 2012. We'd booked a double room with private bathroom for me and my family. With accommodation price of average hostel, Casa de Billy has a number of advantages, which makes is a place of choice in Barcelona.
This place has amazing interior, which creates almost antique atmosphere. All furniture and decorations are carefully selected according to unique style. Possibly, that's a reason, why they don't accept guests below 18, not to risk with rather valuable design-elements.
Administration was very responsive and made an exception for our 7 y.o. daughter. They even placed an extra-bed in our room just for 10 Eur per day.
For our family the most important benefit was a possibility to use shared kitchen. It was fully equipped and accessible 24 h. With fresh seafood and vegetables from "La Boqueria" market we had delicious home-made dinner every evening. It can be completely enough of small continental breakfast, served in shared dinning room. We used a fridge to keep our own additives to croissants, as we are used to have "heavier" breakfasts.
I want to say a special word about service. I had a complete feeling of being home with one big exception: it was the first time in my life, when I felt like "aristocrat" - I didn't have to do anything. Everything was done for me - all rooms, bathroom and kitchen were always perfectly clean. They even told me not to do dishes after I use a kitchen, because it's included in service. They even did all laundry for a really symbolic fee. So I felt like at mom's place :)
Sarah, a manager of the hostel, was very nice and responsive. She helped us a lot with finding attractions, places to eat and even bank office.
I highly recommend this place to everybody, who would like to get a special experience during a visit to Barcelona.

Room Tip: If You like to sleep longer - don't take the room, which is just behind a shared dinning room. S...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Natalija I
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I recently stayed for the second time at Casa de Billy. The staffs are friendly and really helpful if you need recommendation and local knowledge. The apartment is close to the metro “Rocafort” and from there it is super easy to navigate the city. It is also close to the national art gallery, which is a short walk for good city views and a little culture.

There is a large shopping complex down the road, called Arena de Barcelona, is an old bull fighting stadium that has now been completely converted to a modern shopping mall. Only the outside of the old stadium remains original and is a engineering must see.

The accomodation is very clean and comfortable in an old style building, which has been well maintained.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Toledo, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Lovely hostel with friendly owners, great facilities and good prices. Spent five nights here with my sister in what was a very special holiday. Breakfast was delicious, especially considering we hadn´t expected to have it included, and the staff were hospitable, understanding, chatty and accommodating. I cannot recommend it enough, not so central that walking is always viable, but it was great exercise! I would come back here in a shot especially considering the very well equipped kitchen and home from home atmosphere.

Room Tip: If you see a particular room that you like on the website maybe best to request it, we had a very co...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends