Casa de Billy Barcelona
$128
$165
$154
  • Restaurant
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
$139
Barcelo Raval(Barcelona)
$293
Elvoline
  • Pool
All reviewsb bsingle roomcontinental breakfastcommon areasmin walkmetro stationsiriguesthousemultigrainsupermarkettickets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I went to Barcelona for a quick two days and stayed for seven! I fell in love with the city and with Casa de Billy. The guesthouse is in a beautiful vintage building on the Gran Via. A wonderful antique lift carried me to the 4th floor. Casa de Billy was Clean, Comfortable and Convenient. The place was spotless. There are beautiful tile floors throughout that are washed daily. The bathroom was modern and clean. The bed was made up everyday - with new sheets several times during my stay. My cosy single room (50 sq ft) had a single bed with colorful linens, antique chest, place to hang clothes and chair. The only drawback was the window opened to an air shaft - no view but provided good ventilation. This wasn't a problem for me since I was either touring or enjoying music in the common area. The guesthouse is within three blocks of two metro lines and city buses. Walking distance to the Magic Fountain and MNAC (don't miss it).

The best part about Casa de Billy was the staff. Siri, Juaquin and Gladys took great care of the guests. Whether it was providing insider tips on the city, serving us croissants and coffee (on antique dishes) in the morning or keeping our temporary home clean and tidy, the staff at Casa de Billy made sure we had a great visit.

Barcelona Tips: Buy the Articket which is good for 30 days and offers admission to several top sites. Take a cooking class at Barcelona Cooking on La Rambla - Amazing way to learn about the culture. Evening classes available - best meal you'll have in Barcelona!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank kodea
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Casa de Billy Barcelona is a very clean bed and breakfast in a great location. From the moment you arrive you are given excellent attention and personal advice on how to maximize your visit to this amazing city. My wife and I only stayed two nights... but we are already planning our next trip, and our next stay at Casa de Billy.

Room Tip: Our room with a private bathroom was perfect. Don't know that I would want to stay in a room where you have to share a bathroom.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian D
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I added a little 2 day side trip to Barcelona after being in Paris for 2 weeks. We were blown away by the Casa de Billy Barcelona so much, that next year, we plan to spend two weeks in Barcelona and visit Paris for 2 days. The facility is warm and unique, the staff is excellent and the value was unmatched. We always hesitate to give away our new found treasures and locations, but places like this deserve to thrive. Excellent experience and beautiful city!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank William M
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My father and I stayed at Casa De Billy for along weekend in Barcelona. Billy and staff were incredibly helpful and welcoming. Breakfast was simple, but delicious. Very close to two different metro lines and walking distance from the park that holds the Joan Miro Museum and a few others. Great value for the price- much preferable and more personal than a huge hotel.

I would recommend having good directions/instructions ahead of time. The sign is not very obvious so it's easy to think you are lost when you are right in front of it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Amanda W
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Really nice B&B. Helpful staff, very good location (a few steps from subway/underground), very clean and secure, breakfast very simple but tastes so good (awesome croissant with butter and jelly, orange juice, coffee, milk). It´s not the right place if you´re a young backpacker looking for parties (not cheap as well), it´s more a couple and quiet people place. Great hospitality!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business