“Great staff, ok food and prices.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sal Cafe

Sal Cafe
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Sal Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,169 of 9,317 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Barceloneta
Description: Sal Café has an enviable position on Barcelona beach, facing the Mediterranean Sea. Its cooking intertwines Mediterranean tradition with cuisine from other whereabouts, such as Japan, Indonesia or Brazil. The restaurant is decorated with retro touches and a nod towards the 1970s, which gives it a welcoming feel day and night. Sal Café’s size allows it to cater large events, for more than 250 people. It is open all year round and can organise breakfasts, lunches, dinners and any other events for both corporate and private celebrations.
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“Great staff, ok food and prices.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

Great position on the boardwalk, wonderful staff who speak many languages and really seem to enjoy their jobs, some unusual items on the menu. However some dishes were better executed than others, and overall I did not feel it was brilliant value for money. On the table next to us, a girl's Brie salad turned out to contain chicken by mistake (she was veggie) and despite apologising they still hadn't replaced it 20 minutes later.

• Polish first
  • Thai first
Durham, New Hampshire
“Good food at Great prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stopped here for lunch and had a great meal for cheap. The menu del dia is very well priced and there are some great selections.

We were pleased with this lunch!

The staff was extremely friendly and spoke great English.

• Visited May 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Sunday lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

Had a very enjoyable Sunday lunch here last weekend. Initially wanted to go to one of the slightly fancier seafood restaurants but there was long waiting time for a table so I ended up here. It looked very inviting, the menu looked good and there was free tables on the terrace. I got asked if I wanted the menu in English, got seated speedily but they then took their time to take my order but that was fine, I was in no rush and to be honest, I needed that time to make up my mind as to what I was going to have. I was between the fish and the meat when I saw the woman at the table next to be having a seafood fideua (noodle version of paella with clams and fish fillet) which I really wanted to try and which they seemed to serve for 1 person (a lot of places only serve paella and fideua for a minimum of 2 which is a bit annoying when you're eating alone). So I ordered one of those and a glass of cava, quickly followed by another, which didn't take long to arrive. The fideua was very yummy, the portion could've been slightly bigger maybe. For dessert I had the "sopa de mango" with ice-cream and a coffee. I found the desserts a bit overpriced, they were not very big either but hey ho... I enjoyed this place, the two waitresses who served me were very charming and friendly and spoke Spanish to me (I am a beginner but did manage to place my order and ask for the bill in Spanish!). The bill came to just under €30, bear in mind there's a 10% surcharge if you sit on the terrace. Not the cheapest lunch but I considered it a bit of a treat before returning home later that day. I'll definitely come back here, when I visit again in the Autumn.

• Visited June 2012
barcelona
“good place, great view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

It's not easy to find if you're walking by the "passegi Maritim" but once ther it's a great place to eat something. Don't expect the longest menu's, or something elaborate, but it's great anyway. The food is pretty good, and waitress were kind and servicial, and fast. We were a party of 6 and eat a paella and fideuà. The "entrees" were great, specially the "jamon serrano" and the "chipirones". If you want to eat great with the best view far from the "ramblas" tourist trap, this is your place. The final prize was a bit expensive, but we pay the 10% extra for eating in the "terraza" looking at the beach.

• Visited May 2012