“Wish I took the longer journey”
Review of Las Golondrinas

Barcelona Sailing Adventure
$8.87*
Sightseeing Cruise of Barcelona Port
More attraction details
Owner description: SIRENS S.A.Over 100 years in the port of BarcelonaSirens S.A. is an experienced sailor and proud heritage that for over a hundred years gives those who want the most attractive and intriguing views of Barcelona from a beautiful perspective, the Mediterranean. The company began its journey Swallows in 1888, coinciding with the World Expo in Barcelona, the end of the Rambla and the construction of the monument to Columbus.Swallows have been, since then, an exceptional witness of the dramatic changes experienced by the port and Barcelona in general.The activity began with three swallows calls Omnibus I, II and Omnibus Omnibus III, which ran on steam. They ran from the Portal de la Pau to Barceloneta (Banys de Sant Sebastia).Over the years, the company consolidated and progressively swallows many locals used as a means of transportation to the Baths.During the Civil War, the company was closed. Then he resumed his activity.With the first extension of the port, Las Golondrinas expanded its fleet and route. Was maintained Banys route to Sant Sebastia and started a new to the breakwater. Over the years and the removal of trams "gardener", was also deleted the line bathrooms. The line of the breakwater has lasted until today and has allowed many citizens had their baptism of sea in our boats.After the Olympic Games in 1992, opened a new route: Las Golondrinas harbor and coastline itinerary that allows des seafront view of the sea. To this end a new ships were built, the catamaran type, called Trimar and buses.In 2009 we added a new ship to Las Golondrinas: Antina G.SIRENAS S.A..
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I originally wanted the longer journey to see the beaches and the city, but we were told on arrival that that one only ran on the weekends (we went on a weekday). So instead, we decided to take the 35min boat ride, as we could go for free with our BCN card.

This route takes you to the opposite direction, and goes along the industrial ports. Nothing much to see unfortunately. There was no commentary and there was an accordion player for the first 10 mins who then came around everyone holding out his hat for tips, which you had to give.

I'm glad I didn't pay for the journey as I got nothing from the journey and although it was a smooth journey, it was a freezing one especially on return as we headed backed into the port.

I'm rating this average, and not poor only because (it was free for me!) I'm sure the longer journey would have been a fascinating and pleasant boat ride and you get to see the lovely beaches and the city's buildings in the other direction which I experienced on foot instead.

2  Thank mwanuk

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We got on this tour as we had missed the longer one. In all honesty i didn't like this tour. The boat took you along the ports and in a circle, around another corner and in a circle and then back again. There wasn't anything much exciting to see- definitely nothing worth taking pictures of, mostly just crates, theres also no commentary or anything so even if there's something exciting there's a possibility you'll miss it. Also be prepared for your photo to be taken and to be charged 5euro for it. I'm rating it as average as there were good facilities downstairs on the boat and its quite a nice novelty to be on a boat at all. I'm glad we missed the longer tour as i was bored after 35mins.

1  Thank Rosie M
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Cheap pricing, get around to parts of the harbor you otherwise wouldn't see. was disappointed that there were no dinner cruises as advertised, apparently the winter shuts this down.

Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

We took the tour of 1h 30min and this was worth his money. You get a beautiful vieuw of Barcelonetta (beach), his buildings & architecture (sagrada, fish sculpture, torre Agbar) and the harbour side.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

The views from the mediterranean while looking back at Barcelona from the sea were intersting however the ride was very rouge in average weather conditions and the seats were very uncomfortable. Although not windy on land once out on the ride the wind was chilly. Nice for taking a few photos of the city and seeing things from a different angle.