“My first time Japanese”
Review of Miu Japones

Miu Japones
Reserve with
Miu Japones is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #827 of 9,594 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Essendon, United Kingdom
“My first time Japanese”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was my first visit to a formal Japanese restaurant (usually get my sushi from Waitrose) and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The decor was cool and comfy. The clientele was mixed (young Spanish, families with small children and older groups). The service was ok until we got a menu in English which helped hugely (especially me as a novice). The wine we selected was fantastic and the loos and waiting area were spotlessly clean.
We enjoyed it so much we went back for lunch two days later. I'm a convert!

• Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
Munich
“Can't wait to go back! try their Ebi Gyoza”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Not the biggest menu but all we had was delicious, very decent wine menu and the best Ebi Gyoza I have possibly had to date in Europe. I found it by chance, looks very voluptuous and pricy from the outside, in the inside it is very charmingly decorated. Service is very attentive and food is wonderful!

• Visited May 2013
Merthyr Tydfil, Wales, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent sushi and service”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was a random find and was not advertised in any guide book. It was a busy cafe/sushi bar with a much bigger sister restaurant adjoining through the back.
The food was out of this world with service to match.
Would recommend the green tea tiramisu for dessert.

Barcelona, Spain
“Good restaurant, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Nice restaurant with a good atmosphere. Menu is not very big but things in it are good. We had 4 rounds of sushis and a main course that we shared. 20euros per head. I think the place is great and good valu for the money.

Paris
“Hello, anybody in there ?”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The restaurant is situated downstairs but it says that you need to wait on the groundfloor to be seated, so what do you do when no one comes to seat you ? and it says that reservations are preferrable but tonight must have been a calm night, or far too to early since it was barely half-full, or half-empty....which ever you prefer.

Foodwise, I must say that I was expecting something more than the ordinary given previous recommendations but something was missing, that taste of freshness of the ingredients. It was nice but not excellent nor great. It was ok.

Service is correct, you don't wait too long, you're not being pushed to finish your plate.

Decoration is Lounge-stylish so I can imagine that this place is busy on weekends !

In terms of price, 1 main dish and 1 beer 22€....I guess that is what you can expect from eating a block away from Passeig de Gracia. It's worth a visit but definitely not a favorite.