A whole heap of positive reviews in a row is a bit boring, but I don't have anything bad to say about Pelayo either. The modern interior of the place for a start is more like a 4 star hotel.
- my single room had a double bed, wifi in the room and a nice balcony.
- the mini bar had two free drinks in it every day and there was sat. TV and good aircon and nice new bathroom as well.
Some people are complaining about the size of the rooms, but that's just standard in old european buildings. The ceilings are so high it doens't feel claustrophobic.
Stuff that might annoy other people but didn't bother me: slight water noise from other people's bathrooms, echoey corridor, buses stopping out the front. All the peripheral noise was pretty slight - not enough to wake you up.
Other than that, staff were really friendly and nice and the location was super close to placa catalunya & las ramblas, which is good for first time barcelona visitors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The CityPark Pelayo Hotel welcomes you to a hotel next to Las Ramblas with a modern and functional design, for both business travellers and those looking to enjoy a pleasant stay in the city. The services of the CityPark Pelayo Hotel are the ideal complement for your trip to Barcelona and include daily full breakfast, free WiFi in common areas, 24 hour reception, ticket sales, lounge room, Internet Corner, laundry service ($), wake-up service... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your HLG CityPark Pelayo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- HLG CityPark Pelayo Hotel Barcelona, Catalonia