Hotel Silken Ramblas Barcelona
Hotel Claris(Barcelona)
$214
$208
  • Pool
Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona(Barcelona)
$373
$244
$210
Ayre Hoteles
  • Restaurant
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
$149
$138
Orbitz.com
El Palace Hotel(Barcelona)
$442
$424
1,059 results
All reviewsgreat locationside streetrooftop poolhotel barbooked this hotelfamily roombuffet breakfastplaca de catalunyashort breakgothic quartercentral locationtapasmetro stationramblasnoisesaunacruise
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were extremely pleased with the SIlken Ramblas Barcelona. It was clean and well appointed. Staff were courteous and helpful. The location is excellent--close but a bit away from the hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
1  Thank Jenny B
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Location for us was absolutely fabulous. Just off La Ramblas, a couple of blocks to Touristico (Hop On Hop Off) main bus stop, plenty of little restaurants around to enjoy tapas and a fresh food market just a couple of blocks away.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed here for a 4night break. Booked on line and requested a non-smoking room!
Checked in with friendly staff and was given keys to our room..... Not happy. Clearly a SMOKING room with a view of a WALL, so room very dark and smelly! Not a good start but the reception staff changed our rooms later in the afternoon which was better. Breakfast good selection and kids ate free of charge. The hotel lobby, restaurant and pol area was clean and airy but the rest of the hotel is tired. On our floor No4 the carpet had various stains which was unsightly. The rooms were cleaned every day with beautiful happy cleaning staff.
The pool was busy but ok and had views over the tops of Barcelona. The pool bar had sufficient drinks and a range of food options which were well priced. A great stay but an average one.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed here mid-July 2013.
Between our flight arriving, and our cruise leaving Barcelona, we needed a one night stay. I wanted something on the north end of Ramblas as I read south end can be sketchy. This hotel is on a side street off north end of Ramblas :)
Was perfect for quick walking over to the main square (Placa de Catalunya) where we caught the Hop on Hop Off bus. Also in this square is the awesome department store El Corte Ingles (wish I had more time to shop there!). And in other directions from the square you get to designer shops or site seeing.
For a stroll down Ramblas you are of course very close.
So, location excellent, and our cab ride to it from the airport was relatively speaking, not too expensive.
Our cab ride to the Cruise Ship Port also relatively cheap.

They showed us a room on smoking floor at first, which we passed on because as you would expect, it did have a smell. But if you're planning on smoking in your room all vacation, it'd be fine ;)
We then took a nice, normal room on a non-smoking floor.
It was clean, we didnt hear anything through the walls and we were quite content.
Bonus points to this hotel: amenities in the bathroom included toothbrushes! (and wouldnt you know it, in all the years of travelling, it was the first time I forgot my toothbrush!)

There is free wi-fi and it worked fine.
Front desk staff and concierge named Albert were terrific.
The rate we paid was decent.
The lobby bar is lovely.
The reception area is very modern, and the room was clean and good, but hallways are dingy and tired. Although, I dont care too much about hallways as long as my room is acceptable ;)

The rooftop pool area was so inviting, but we didnt have a chance to stay and enjoy it. I did notice though that there is limited seating, so I wouldnt count on a pool side vacation here! I believe there was also a small bar up there.

The breakfast buffet was expensive (I think it was 35 euros for the two of us) BUT, I was very impressed with the choices of foods! I'd probably pay it again for the convenience and variety on the buffet :)

I would stay here again no problem, because I feel for the room price we got a safe, decent hotel in a good location.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stayed here for business. Did not get any sleep first night due to the noise from other rooms. The following nights I used ear plugs.
The TV was only able to receive international channels 50% of the time. The rest of the time it just displayed "no signal".
The window of the room faced a wall, you could not see the street nor the sky.
The receptionist required the VAT registration number of my company to allow me to pay the room (?!), not really sure what that was about, first time I ever experienced this. After a couple of minutes on the Internet I was able to find it and allowed to pay the bill, but if you are in a hurry you might want to have it ready for the checkout.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business