“OK food in a boring setting...”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Kaitensushi He

Kaitensushi He
Ranked #6,307 of 9,400 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Eixample
Vienna
“OK food in a boring setting...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We have just eaten at Kaitensushi He during our weekend trip to Barcelona.

We arrived at the place at around 8pm and were the only guests at the time. About 30 minutes later, more people came in and the atmosphere got a bit more casual. Still, the restaurant has a very "sanitized" feel to it: almost no decoration which make the whole setting quite boring.

The food itself is everything but Japanese. Sure, there comes a plate with some maki or nigiri sushi once in a while but most of the stuff is Chinese (fried rice, lots of different seafood all cooked Chinese style, fried vegetables, fresh melon etc.). The quality was OK but not outstanding or particularly delicious. Not that one would expect that for this price (we paid EUR 13,80 per person for the buffet) but they could have done better.

• Finnish first
“Unexpected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I read some reviews and decided to go in for some sushi. I was expecting more of a sushi train but the train of food available were more of a variety. I am a sushi/japanese food snob and i expected a treat to some japanese food because i was getting sick of all the spanish food. Its not like a sushi shop you'd find in north america, there are a variety of asian food available. The owners are not japanese and the kitchen looked more like a chinese kitchen. Regardless i was surprised by the quality and variety of food. Lots of various sea food, mussels, clams, crab, lobster, sea weed salad,mostly done in chinese style but still asian i guess. I only had a few salmon, tuna and ebi pieces. A few basic roles but very simple. There isn't a great selection of sushi but there is enough selection to keep most people happy.
The way my girlfriend put it, its an asian tapas buffet in spain. Asian done tapas style.

Santiago, Chile
“Lovely food, cool restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Food: Plenty of japanese food (sushi, sashimi, meat, + a lot of stuff I didn´t know). Even my vegetarian girlfriend had no troubles in eating all the veggie-plates and loved it too. All the food comes on a conveyor belt that was always full. It all looked fresh and tasted really nice.

Price: less than 15 euros (buffet).

Lovely atmosphere.

• Visited August 2012
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Good value for price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

I went there on a week end of a public holiday: The sushis are good and fresh, they had good & fresh salmon togehter with avocado, there were even some with salmon and caviar eggs. The rest of the food going round the Kaiten (a rotating conveyor belt) was of a good variety. although it is the typical chinese restaurant "converted" into a japanese one, though not recommended for strict lovers of high class japanese food. I myself am fond of good japanese food, don't get me wrong, but this one, among the many others scattered all over Barcelona, is quite a good one. The funniest part was to see desserts dishes "travelling" togehter with main course dishes on the belt. One good point: one of the desserts was a nice big fried dumpling filed with sweet pumking, sprinkled with sesam seeds. The other "dim-sum" style apetizers were tasting good too, especially the ones withshrimps and the salmon skewer. The stuff was extremely busy, but for sure, they could be firendlier, this is pitfall comonly found in many other chinese restaurants.

• Visited November 2011
Melbourne
“Great fun restaurant with fresh all you can eat sushi at ridiculously cheap prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2010

This is a terrific little restaurant with a long sushi train. It is amazing value at around 9-12 euros (depending on lunch or dinner) for all-you-can-eat. I had a lot of hesitation before eating here as firstly, well, I was in Spain and they have great traditional food options everywhere, secondly, I didn't believe the sushi/sashimi would be all that fresh given the cheap price, and thirdly, I didn't think the variety would be all that good (also given the low price). I was really surprised on all counts. It was a nice change from having weeks of Spanish meals while we were on holiday. The sushi/sashimi is predominantly salmon but is very fresh (they had other types of fish but they weren't very good). The sashimi is not cut beautifully like nice Japanese restaurants but still tasted great. There was a variety of Japanese food choices including beef tataki and yakitori, as well as many other options extending to Chinese and western cuisine like slices of Peking duck, raw oysters, fried noodles, dumplings, various cheesecakes and fruits. Quite a number of the dishes were not great but there were still plenty of good options. It is a fun concept (we have sushi train in Melbourne but none are all-you-can-eat, which I think helps to keep a high turnover of the dishes) and as I said amazing value. In fact my girlfriend and I did something we almost never do on holiday and ate there twice while in Barcelona (we didn't have to make reservations but it was pretty busy both times we were there). It is a 1 minute walk from metro stop Urquinaona and I highly recommend it if you want a bit of a change from Spanish food.

3 Thank Blueman79