All reviews barceloneta metro station gothic quarter great location per day recommend this hotel vending machine boiled eggs lots of bars and restaurants picasso museum small balcony star hotel barceloneta beach reception staff booked this hotel cost euros el born walking distance
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Location: Excellent. 2-3 minutes away from the tube station. Walking distance to the pier and to a 24 hour off license shop.
Room: Big, clean, beautiful. Decent toilet, hot and cold water, towels provided, hair dryer=check, shampoo and conditioner provided as well. Sheets changed daily. TV. No hot drinks provided though.
Hotel and staff: Hotel staff were wonderful, very accommodating, warm, friendly and helpful. They have a luggage area where you can leave bags if it's too early to check-in. Breakfast was basic but who needs an extravagant breakfast when you know you'll having something better for lunch or dinner; wide variety of bread, ham, salami, egg, some cereals, juice and hot drinks.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed in Del Mar in July for one night only and it was a great experience. The location is excellent close to Barcelona port and the area surrounding it ( it is located in Barceloneta- an area which is an attraction itself while in Barcelona). There are only 10-15 minutes walking to famous La Rambla. The rooms are nicely decorated, the design is modern and everything is well organized. The room and bathroom are extremely clean. The bathroom has a hairdryer ( for some of the travellers this is an important detail) and the design is really modern. We didn't try the breakfast cause we had to leave very early in the morning so I can't say nothing about the restaurant. The reception staff was really helpful, they called for a taxi for us when we left and they treated us well. The hotel from outside looks great, like an old building and with royal look. It's easy to find and a pleasure to be a guest in Del Mar. The internet wasn't free in the rooms so we didn't use it much. We got a very good price 53 euro/ room for 2 people. I guess this is a fair price for Del Mar because it's a great place. I will stay there every time I'll visit Barcelona.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The location couldn't be better, in easy walking distance from the Barceloneta beach, the Ramblas and the Gothic quarter. The rooms are good and quiet (if you are not overlooking the old square in front or have noisy neighbours), the air con excellent. The staff is very helpful and the breakfast buffet good.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This was my third time in Barcelona, first time staying in a hotel here. I knew exactly where I wanted to stay and I believe I chose the best location. Barcelonetta is definitely my favourite area in Barcelona, and the hotel is minutes away - it is also right in front of the beach area and walking distance from Las Ramblas and one of the shopping malls - if you like that sort of thing.

In terms of hotel amenities, the room was clean and the bed very comfortable. We had no complaints. The hotel offers breakfast too but I was disappointed by the quality, as I usually have high expectations from breakfast buffets. The hotel doesn't offer free wi-fi, however we managed to find some bars and pubs that did.

Overall, the hotel was a bit expensive for what it had to offer - especially the absence of free-wifi! - but that is balanced by the cleanliness of the rooms and the excellent location.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view to the beach
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marina v
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Excellent location, easy access walking to city center or to the beach, bus stop just in front for further beaches or clubs.Quiet area, two minutes from Born area.
Room spacious and clean.
Internet not free and only available at reception, not in rooms even if you pay.
Locker in room not free
Hairdryer very bad, tv not working
Buffet was included in price. Lots of choice but poor quality.
Not worth the expensive prices paid

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple