Review Highlights
a real gem!

A must do in Barcelona. Really special cocktail bar. Very tiny, with limited seating, so you need... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
carla1974
Sint-Gillis-Waas, Belgium
UNIQUE !

Highly recommended place, must visit, friendly staff, world class bartenders, exclusive... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
chrispap10
Limassol, Cyprus

Recommended experiences in and around Barcelona
from $34.07
from $123.21
from $19.31
from $34.07
More Info
All reviews cocktail bar amazing cocktails worth a stop el born gothic quarter laboratory mixologist distilled botanical craftsmanship science artists interior
Selected filters
Reviewed February 20, 2019

Worth to wait in line, because place is small, but drinks and atmosphere is great. Very charismatic bar with whimsical cocktails.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed February 10, 2019

Before we booked our trip to Barcelona, I saw Dr. Stravinsky on a website where it mentioned top 100 bars in the world. I saw the pictures and immediately put it in my itinerary!

Dr. Stravinsky is in the el born area of Barcelona - and that was about a 7 minute drive from our hotel, or a 25 minute walk.
My family and I took a cab from Camp Nou after the game, to go have a drink at Dr. Stravinksy and Dux (a bar near by). We get there around 10:45pm and the neighborhood is virtually empty. In order to get to Dr. Stravinsky, you need to walk in these narrow alleys, which my sister and I were fine with but my parents were terrified because there was no one else walking around. After 10 minutes, we left because the navigation wasn't helping, and neither were my parents!

Two days later, on Saturday, we decided we needed to go to these two bars which were one minute away from each other. Cabs were on strike so we had to manage to find our way via train - and let me tell you, if you're by Passeig de Gracia, that train will save your life. The train drops you off right by those alleys and now it's Saturday and it's lively and not creepy at all!

Going into the actual bar was a bit tight because they put the sign directly in front of the door. Once you're in, you're greeted with a beautiful red and green bar. They have two areas where they seat customers - upstairs and on the same floor you enter.

Everyone was classy, and enjoying their time at Dr. Stravinksy, as well as the drinks! We were given a menu and the first page is like a diagram which could help you pick the perfect drink for yourself, based on what you like.

I ordered the Alma (Vodka drink with elderflower, lychee + egg whites), my dad ordered an Old Fashioned, and my sister got the Lion's Lamb (A special tequila drink in a Jamaican pepper cup).

My dad liked the Old Fashioned, but regretted not getting a cooler, handcrafted, unique cocktail. Alma was a great drink and gave you the perfect buzz! My sister's Lion's Lamb was strong and very spicy, but she loved it.

The drinks were ~10euros each, so you're getting great cocktails for a decent price! If you're sitting upstairs, service will get slow so just keep an eye out!

Also, if you're looking for some food after (since they don't offer food here), La Fabrica is a super reasonable and yummy empanada place that's a 2 minute walk from there, and next door to it, they have doner! Drink, eat and enjoy!

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed January 8, 2019

Saw this bar on a list of 100 Best Cocktail bars so had to try it out, loved it! Really inventive combinations of flavors, wanted to try them all. The mixing process was like theater as well. Definitely make this a stop when you're in Barcelona!

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank davidbE924MO
Reviewed January 4, 2019 via mobile

Beautifully executed drinks in a unique environment. We could watch the barmen all night long! Show!

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed December 10, 2018

Great service and cocktails in a cozy environment. Would love to give it an excellent punctuation but we were disappointed about the use of plastic straws. Once you improve to a more sustainable way we would be very happy to change our review.

Date of experience: December 2018