“Very good hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
World
“Very good hotel”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Modern building, very nice looking. Nice location - close to sea (5 min), close to every public transportation lines (tram, underground, taxi). Staff is very welcoming, kind, professional and ready to help you. Room was very clean, modern and with nice view to the sea! Good internet connection. There are two pools in the hotel, though at this time of the year one on the roof was closed. Another (3rd floor) was working and it was amazing. Bar in the lobby is good and with very friendly staff. Overall it was very nice experience.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with sea view. And balcony.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Denis R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights , staff were absolutely wonderful. Everyone smiled all the time.The best thing about this hotel is its location its a block away to the train station and its beside the mall.I love the pool with the magnificent view. Our room is always clean and i like the modern style. Wifi is not a problem and internet is always fast. I will definitely stay again here if i visit barcelona.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This was our second - and probably not the last - time we stayed at the Barcelona Princess. My partner and like the modern and minimalist style of the hotel. It offers a good value for money. Our room rate included breakfast, minibar, and Wi-Fi. Minibar were refilled every day and one can get more to drinks if needed in supermarket next door. Can't criticize even the location. Yes, it's not in center but it only takes about half an hour to walk there and surely makes good for health. Beach is very close and could be reached in 10 minutes. If one can't walk, there's a metro station and tram stop nearby. Breakfast wasn't bad. Actually, the selection is pretty wide but sadly it's the same day after day. Our room had a sea view and was in 24th floor. Roof top pool is sexy. I said this last time already and I'll say it again: coffee shouldn't be served from coffee machine in a four-star hotel. Serve it to table, please.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with a few mates and was very impressed with the place and at the price we paid it was a bargain! Lovely modern rooms and I had a great view over the city . The small bar and pool on the 24th floor were also really cool. Only issue would be the lifts , only 2 small lifts for such a big hotel meant lots of waiting but other than that it was great. ....hopefully will stay again !!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed with my boyfriend in May (27th - 30th) 2013 as a 21st Birthday present to him. I read the reviews and a lot of people said the double beds was just two singles pushed together, which i hate, so i emailed the hotel 3 months prior to our trip to ask for a real double bed. I got a response within a couple of days. I also asked them to send me some sort of gift voucher to present my boyfriend with as a present. They was very helpful and sent something over. I ended up making my own but was pleased none the less with their help.

When we arrived we was shown to our room which I think was on the same floor as the pool, we had an okay view of the diagonal but the room was freezing. We wasn't the only people that thought so, they was also a conference going on in the building across the road and a few men we spoke to in the lift one day said their rooms was also freezing. Our bed was a real Double bed, 1 gold star. Clean room, small but modern, with a balcony. The bathroom was huge, although it only had a shower, no bath, but we prefer showers, so no bother for us. We didn't notice how cold the room was until we came back to the hotel on the first evening and the sun had gone down. we called reception and asked if we could have the heating on, they said the heating does not come on in may and that was it. I had to go to sleep in a long sleeve top, leggings and my dressing gown. On the day before we came home i got so annoyed because i was so cold so i went down to reception and complained about how cold the bedroom was, they was a lot more helpful and moved us to lovely room with the most amazing view electric blinds and was so much warmer, the bathroom was separated by glass which obviously wast a problem for us, but if this might be for some people, font worry, there is a blind. The only problem was this room didn't have a balcony, my boyfriend is a smoker so he called back down to reception to see what they could do, they then moved us to a junior suite, which sounds good but i actually preferred the second room with the view. The only difference was when you first walked into the junior suit you has a desk, a sofa and an arm chair, no tv. Then you went through to the bedroom which was small with an en suite.

Breakfast was good. Lots of choice, eggs, bacon, bread, toast, pastries, yogurts, cereal and more.

The hotel is right at the other end of the diagonal which we didn't find to be a problem, there is a tram stop right outside the hotel and the metro was about 5 minutes walk, takes 10 minutes to get into the center. The first day we walked all the way to the centre which took a couple of hours as we kept stopping to go in shops or take photos.

We didn't have any other meals at the hotel.

I would HIGHLY recommend to rent a scooter, It was amazing they come with Tom Toms with programmed routes to take you from one sight to another so you can see the whole of Barcelona. The owner of the Scooter shop was lovely and really helpful, he told us where to go and were not to go, he will tell you the best places to eat too!

I really loved Barcelona and i didn't feel unsafe once. You here a lot about Barcelona so i was very weary but once i got there i felt fine, i had a cross the body bag and kept it close to me and my eye piled but we was fine.

All in all i had a great trip and would recommend the hotel, i wouldn't go back myself only because i don't tend to go back to the same hotels and i would have preferred to stay a bit close to the center.

Room Tip: Get one of the rooms on the 25th floor I think it was
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lola G
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Super good location, loved the rooms, the staff and they gave us also really good advices on what to do around..

I reccommend this hotel for sure!! also the wifi work which is not normal in Spain. All hotels we stayed were saying free wifi, never work, this one did

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Luisitosevill
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My first time in Barcelona and after reading all the positive reviews about this hotel I had decided this is the one for me and I made a booking just one week before I arrived on 21st December booked for 11 days over Christmas and new year period.

I was give a room on the 22nd floor Ocean view and wow, very impressive. The room was very spacious and the bed very comfortable and the bathroom with its shower and waterjet body spray was amazing.

I was also treated with a complimentary bottle of champagne and deserts on my birthday 22nd December which was absolutely heavenly.

The hotel prides itself an its service and cleanliness which I can only commend and go above beyond to make sure that guests are happy and issues are dealt with immediately.

There staff all of them including : Reception - Restaurant - Bar and Room Service are superb and offer a first class service which is to be commended.

The facility - pool on 23rd floor and the Sauna were great, but I did spent lot of my time wandering around and seeing the sights and did not have a chance to use them.

There is a great shopping mall Diagonal Ave right next to the hotel and is great for picking up everything you may require. The Metro is only 5 mins walk away and please get a T10 (10 Journeys (€9.80) which is value for money and covers all modes of transport metro/tram/bus (like a travel card) and each journey will be taken off the card which each ticket machines prints on the back of your card once submitted at the start of your journey so you can keep a track of how much you have left, but be warned do not bend of fold this ticket which learned the hard way.

Take a walk down the coast which is breath-taking and a good hour walk will bring to the famous La Rambles.

A bus tour is also advised which you can buy tickets from the square at the beginning of La Rambles and take the Red Route and the Blue Route and make sure you also book at tour of the new camp the home of Barcelona FC which was mind blowing.

All in all a fantastic Hotel a wonderful city and I cannot wait to come back and Stay at the Barcelona Princess and many thanks for a wonderful Christmas and new year.

Room Tip: Choose a Sea View room absolutely glorious to watch the sun rise every morning
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo