“Wedding Anniversary in Barcelona”
Review of Barcelona Princess

Barcelona Princess
Ranked #180 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Barcelona Princess in June for our wedding anniversary. I booked with this hotel because of the good reviews I had read previously, and also I had looked on their website and the hotel looked really modern and sophisticated. All I can say is we were not disappointed! I had previously asked if it was possible to have a city view room on a high floor. As we checked in, we were told we had exactly what we asked for and when we entered our room, well all I can say is that the view was absolutely stunning! Especially at night with all the lights glittering in the city! The room had a very large bed, king size, and was very clean and modern. Just like the photos on the website. I loved the 3rd floor pool with the little bar. They serve delicious cocktails and snacks and the staff were very polite. The bar downstairs was open until late, and again very lovely staff. I remember Frederick was particulary courteous. The top floor pool was lovely for chilling after a hard day sightseeing, with views over the sea.. So, all in all we had a fantastic stay at this hotel, and I would stay here again in a heartbeat! See you soon Barcelona Princess! Sian & Scott Peters

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Barcelona Princess

Reviewed December 12, 2012

When you arriva at the hotel, you will be attended by a friendly an multilingual staffs.
The room are big with beatiful view, you have the posibility to get the room with see view ore to the city, I prefer the city view because it is amazing to see the lights from Barcelona. The rooms and the hole hotel are very clean, I never see nothing what I wanted to change in the rooms. The Restaurant for the Breakfast is excellent you will have a lot of different food daily.
short summary: If I have to travel to barcelona (at the moment weekly) I will never think about to change the hotel.

Room Tip: just take the hotel, all rooms are good
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cristina g
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The hotel is modern and the rooms are well equipted:-
1. Beds are comfortable, our room was 2 x single and they were plently big enough. Bedding OK
2. Shower was like a small "wet room" water was always hot and the toiletries were better than average
3. Room view was great, we were on the 18th floor and the entire wall area is glass. Probably not the best if you suffer from vertigo. The window blinds are excellent.
4. Storage are was a bit limited
5. Breakfast was a buffet, it is variable in it's quality but there is sufficient choice to suit all. A good start to the day
6. Bar, it is a bit sterile ike some hotels can be but the staff are friendly and the drinks are good quaility
7. Roof top pool, this is heated and I mean really heated, we swam on the Sunday morning and it was a perfect was to start the day
8. Reception, very helpful and polite

Room Tip: If you want a great view get a high floor
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed at the Barcelona Princess on a 4 night city break. Managed to get a really good bed and breakfast offer direct from the hotel itself staying for 50% of the normal price. The hotel is situated north of the city centre very near to the coast. Although its a little way out there are excellent public transport options on the doorstep.
We stayed on the 22nd floor which gave us great views out to sea.
The breakfast was excellent with many different options available. The hotel is situated next door to the Diagonal Mar Commercial centre which has numerous shops and food outlets.
The hotel also has excellent free wifi throughout the entire building.
Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Ok - so myself and my wife have been at the Princess Barcelona for 24 hours and I'm currently writing this review from my laptop (wi-fi in my room as I understand all rooms now have wifi) looking out at the most spectacular view from our 18th floor room.
Whilst my myself and my wife perhaps do not get to travel as much as others due to our young family I simply cannot understand how anyone could fault this hotel - it really is the best I have stayed in.
Where do I start - we arrived yesterday afternoon - great flight and transfer from airport to the Princess just 30 mins by Aerobus to Playa de Catalunya then short trip by taxi (10 euro). Greeted at the hotel by a very welcoming receptionist who advised us that our room was ready and waitiing and that they had been able to offer us a high floor room as requested (I'd sent an email a week before our visit asking that if possible could we have a high floor room as our stay was a special birthday treat for my wifes 40th birthday and I'd researched that a high room floor offered spectacular views - which believe me they do). The receptionist having checked us in with the formalities then wished my wife a Happy Birthday and said a gift would be delivered to our room later that evening! My wife thanked me for arranging this treat but whilst taking the thanks felt totally embarassed as I had not arranged for this and the hotel had taken this upon themselves to arrange.
So up to our room which was absolutely fantastic - immaculately clean, big kingsize bed, amazing view across Barcelona, complimentary bathroom pack, 5 drinks in the mini bar, 2 bathroom robes, 2 slippers.
Fired up the laptop which I need for work this week and on the internet in less than a minute. Needed a shower after the flight from Stanstead and simply the best shower I've ever had - one of those multi blast showers covering head to toe, in a wet room, instant response to heat changes and Ok yes a slight leak under the shower door but so absorbed up by the towel I'd placed outside the wet room which I placed there anyway for when I walked out.
Whilst in the shower we'd had a knock at the door. My wife opened it to be greeted by a gent bringing my wife a complimentary bottle of champagne in an ice bucket, 2 champagne flutes and a small platter of delicious fresh cakes. He wished my wife a hapy 40th birthday with the compliments of the hotel! I did not request this - although even now my wife believes I booked and paid for this, so I'm not going to argue with her! - but this really did exceed my expectations.
After such a fantastic first day I was very close to putting in my review in yesterday evening after such good service but figured best to wait until we had at least tried the breakfast which I know some other reviewers had 'grumbled' about. So having had my 5 course breakfast this morning I simply cannot fathom how anyone could complain about it - fresh, amazing variety, hot food WAS hot at 10.00 when we ate, had so much choice that with this breakfast you simply do not need to eat lunch.
Spending tomorrrow chilling at the 23rd floor pool - yep checked it out today and at 19 degrees there were 2 couples at the pool in swimwear relaxing and in the pool on the 2 December! (assume they must have been Brits! but it was seriously warm here today) then trip to Nou Camp to book tickets for tomorrows Barcelona v Benfica Champions league clash.
This is a fantastic hotel that deserves its 5 star rating - I spent 2 weeks researching tripadvisor trying to find the best hotel for my wifes surprise 40th birthday - and booking our stay at the Princess Hotel was spot on.

2  Thank richwhit
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I was lucky enough to have a room on the 22nd floor where the view is simply breath-taking!
Excellent service, maybe the most comfortable sleep I ever had in a hotel room. Staff super polite and the downstairs bar soooooooooo good!
Plus: The Diagonal Mar is just a couple minutes walk away and you can find EVERYTHING.
Don't hesitate: Barcelona is a must-visit city and The Barcelona Princess will make sure you have an excellent stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com