After 5 nights in a tiny hotel room in Paris we were goggle-eyed at the expansive, modern room, the glass enclosed bathroom, the minibar with 5 complementary drinks (including one bottle of beer) each day, the motorized blinds, the 23rd floor pool, the expansive and luxurious breakfast buffet....... very very happy. Do bear in mind that you will have to walk, catch a tram, or take the metro (easy to do) to get to any of the sights you'd like to see; this hotel is across the street from a convention center, and next door to a really nice mall with a huge selection of restaurants, and near a very nice park, but it's not near much of anything else. Walk up the Avenida Diagonal if you'd like to get a sense of the whole city, or just jump on the metro, and in 20 minutes you're in La Rambla Catalunya, or at the Sagrada Familia, or anyplace else you'd like to be. (La Rambla Prim, which is right near the hotel, is not the Rambla that everyone means when they say "La Rambla." It's a nice street through a nice neighborhood of apartment blocks, but it's not what you came to Barcelona to see. La Rambla Catalunya is the one you want.)
The bus turistic is highly recommended - see the whole city, jump on and off, don't waste time figuring out complicated metro transfers, just get to the next fun attraction.
Some people have mentioned the slow elevators. There are 3 beautiful glass elevators, and if you're on a high floor (we were on 24, the view was awesome) the elevator does take a minute to get all the way up there (because the elevators all return to the ground floor between trips). However, this gives you time to check out the amazing view of the city from the complete floor to ceiling window that fills the entire end of the hallway. No railing, no nothing - just a sheet of glass between you and all of Barcelona. It's not a bad way to wait for an elevator. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4-star hotel located in the Forum area only at 50 meters from the beach. On the 1st of Diagonal Avenue directly across from the CCIB (International Convention Centre of Barcelona) and Diagonal Mar Mall. Excellent public transport options to the city centre, just 20 minutes by metro, Tram or bus, all just 5 minutes walk from the hotel. There is also a Barcelona Touristic Bus stop behind the hotel, you can purchase tickets at the reception and start the tour on the Green Line. Spacious facilities with free access for all guests. Its modern Business Centre with computer use, Internet access and complimentary printing. Two heated outdoor pools, one on the 3rd floor next to the solarium, gym, sauna and massage room available to the customer (massages at extra cost). The other pool is on the 23rd floor with wonderful views over the Mediterranean Sea. In the rooms, modern and comfortable, there are free services such as WIFI and Mini Bar; you can also enjoy spectacular views of Barcelona and the Mediterranean at your feet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Jetsetter, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Barcelona Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelona Princess Hotel Barcelona
- Princess Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Princess Catalonia