I like to give balanced reviews and this hotel is not Terrible, its just not that good and they get some of the easy stuff badly wrong.
Firstly, only stay here if you want to be close to the CCIB/Forum exhibition centre. If you are in Barcelona for a conference, the location of this hotel is fantastic and only bettered by the Hilton Diagonal and the AC Forum Hotels (and even then, the Princess is only one road crossing further away. This is why I chose this hotel and for location purposes only, it met my expectations.
There were several problems though...
The hotel advertises that it has Air Conditioning, which technically it does. What they fail to disclose is that in the winter months they turn it off throughout the entire hotel. Now this may be OK for Spanish people used to a very warm climate but for an English person, Spain in November is still extremely warm and we had to move rooms three times in order to find a cool one. When a request was made to the management to turn the AC back on, they said it was not possible (despite lots of people in the hotel complaining about the same thing).
The Hotel does not offer an Ironing facility in the rooms. In order to have clothes ironed you must use the extortionately priced ironing service. I have noticed this seems to be a theme in lots of Spanish hotels. It drives me mad.
There is no Wifi in the rooms and in two of the 'Hot' rooms we tried, the cable port in the room didn't work either. Wifi is a must for a hotel that aims itself at the business traveler market. I mean really, you can get wifi in places that sell burgers but you can't get it in a 4* Business Hotel! This is my reference to the dark ages in my review title.
After having considerable trouble with the temperature of the rooms I was mostly disappointed by the attitude of the staff which I found to be rude an ignorant. They also refused to apply the Conference discount that I was eligible to receive because I booked through an online agent. The response was basically "Tough luck!"
I will not be staying at this hotel again. My recommendation for people attending the CCIB is to stay at the Hilton Diagonal, AC Forum or Diagonal Zero. The Princess needs to improve before I will stay there again. If you are staying in Barcelona for leisure purposes, you're much better off nearer the centre of the City.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4-star hotel located in the Forum area only at 50 meters from the beach. On the 1st of Diagonal Avenue directly across from the CCIB (International Convention Centre of Barcelona) and Diagonal Mar Mall. Excellent public transport options to the city centre, just 20 minutes by metro, Tram or bus, all just 5 minutes walk from the hotel. There is also a Barcelona Touristic Bus stop behind the hotel, you can purchase tickets at the reception and start the tour on the Green Line. Spacious facilities with free access for all guests. Its modern Business Centre with computer use, Internet access and complimentary printing. Two heated outdoor pools, one on the 3rd floor next to the solarium, gym, sauna and massage room available to the customer (massages at extra cost). The other pool is on the 23rd floor with wonderful views over the Mediterranean Sea. In the rooms, modern and comfortable, there are free services such as WIFI and Mini Bar; you can also enjoy spectacular views of Barcelona and the Mediterranean at your feet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Jetsetter, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Barcelona Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelona Princess Hotel Barcelona
- Princess Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Princess Catalonia