My girlfriend and I were looking to go away for 4 nights in Barcelona and chose the Barcelona Princess as our hotel after reading generally very good reviews. I must say that we both agree with those reviews and were very happy with the hotel overall.
On arrival the reception staff were very helpful and friendly and informed us of all the necessary details for our stay. This friendly service continued throughout the hotel to the breakfast staff, security and other guests. Our room was situated on the 5th floor, which was ideal as there was sometimes a wait for the 3 lifts. We still had good views of the city, from the large window in the room which could not be opened. However, this was not a problem as the air conditioning in the room was very good.
The room itself was of a good size as we weren't planning on spending a lot of time there during the day. There was only a glass partition separating the bathroom from the bedroom , but there was a blind if needed. All facilities including the shower, toilet and television worked without any problems and the tv had 3 English channels (BBC1, Channel 4, E4). There were also a couple of Spanish radio channels which played English songs. We had a free safe included in our room which we used to store valuables and set the code for ourselves.
The room came with a gift box of items such as; shampoo, shower gel, comb, shower cap, toothbrush, toothpaste, disposable razor, which were replenished if used, daily by the maids as was the mini bar. The mini bar contained, 1 still water, 1 sparkling water, 1 coca cola, 1 lemonade and 1 bottle of Estrella each day. There was also, 2 bathrobes and 2 pairs of slippers which were replaced when used.
The bed was very big, although it was 2 single beds pushed together, when we requested a double room. Was extremely comfortable.
There was a wide selection of foods at breakfast, including; fruits, meats, pastries, bread, cereal and jams. There was a range of juices and hot beverages also. Breakfast was served between 7am and 10:30am. The food was replaced throughout to keep it fresh and hot where required.
There were 6 computers and 2 printers available, free of charge one floor up from the lobby, ideal for internet browsing or printing tickets etc.There was also free WIFI in the lobby for iPads, laptops etc and the password was provided by reception.
There are 2 pools in the hotel, one on the 3rd floor and one on the 23rd; which offered fabulous views. The 3rd floor pool had a bar and was situated next to the gym. It was a very shallow pool (only about 0.85m in depth), therefore only ideal for a quick dip during the day. The 23rd floor pool was a little deeper (about 1.25m) and therefore better suited for swimming.
The hotel is obviously situated a little outside of the centre of Barcelona, but had good transport links, such as; metro, taxis, bus and there was also a bus stop for the official tour bus right outside. It was also located next to the Diagonal Mar shopping centre which had a variety of shops and cafes, restaurants.
On the whole we very much enjoyed our stay and would consider staying at the Princess again in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4-star hotel located in the Forum area only at 50 meters from the beach. On the 1st of Diagonal Avenue directly across from the CCIB (International Convention Centre of Barcelona) and Diagonal Mar Mall. Excellent public transport options to the city centre, just 20 minutes by metro, Tram or bus, all just 5 minutes walk from the hotel. There is also a Barcelona Touristic Bus stop behind the hotel, you can purchase tickets at the reception and start the tour on the Green Line. Spacious facilities with free access for all guests. Its modern Business Centre with computer use, Internet access and complimentary printing. Two heated outdoor pools, one on the 3rd floor next to the solarium, gym, sauna and massage room available to the customer (massages at extra cost). The other pool is on the 23rd floor with wonderful views over the Mediterranean Sea. In the rooms, modern and comfortable, there are free services such as WIFI and Mini Bar; you can also enjoy spectacular views of Barcelona and the Mediterranean at your feet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Barcelona Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelona Princess Hotel Barcelona
- Princess Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Princess Catalonia