Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Barcelona Nightlife Tour

We had a fantastic tour with Ricardo! He shared so many stories of the old Barrio Chino with us... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Aallenagmu1
Richmond, Virginia
BARCELONA CITY GOTHIC WALKING TOUR

My spouse and I went on the 2-3 hour walking Gothic tour of Barcelona on April 9, 2019 and had an... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Worldtravellerabcd

Recommended experiences in and around Barcelona
from $108.54
from $43.44
from $20.58
from $34.29
More Info
All reviews gothic tour walking tour great tour free tour blue umbrella guide carlos historical details wealth of knowledge enjoyable tour his passion these guys churros an amazing guide catalan history great insight two hours interesting information
Reviewed March 4, 2019

I went on the Gaudi tour with a group of friends and had a fantastic time! Our tour guide Ricky was super friendly, hilarious, genuine, and knowledgable. I learned a lot about architecture, but I also learned important information about the past and current political climate in Spain. He also added in random fun stories about Barcelona that I'll always remember. I liked the tour so much that I went on the Gothic tour with the same guide a few days later. I brought a few new hostel friends along, and they really enjoyed themselves too. Besides teaching us about Barcelona, Ricky was excellent both times at creating a community within the tour group for the 2-3 hours we were together. He also made us feel like we were part of Barcelona instead of just tourists by emphasizing the importance of respecting the locals and their spaces. Overall a fantastic experience! :)

Date of experience: February 2019
Riccardo C, Proprietario at Be Local Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2019

Thank you so much Alison for this great review. Hope to see you back soon in Barcelona!

Reviewed March 3, 2019

Well that was strange. We've booked Nightlife Tour with starting time at 18:00 and wait for our guide for half and hour but he did not appear. Later I received a letter with apologies that he mistake with time of tour starting. Sorry, but it was quite unprofessional :((

Date of experience: March 2019
2  Thank OlgaSS103
paidateresa, Owner at Be Local Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2019

Dear Olga,

I wish to write to you regarding the Nightlife tour, that through our mistake, you were not able to participate in.

Firstly, on behalf of Be Local Tours, I would like to sincerely apologise about this mistake and we hope this didn't disrupt too much your stay here in Barcelona.

Normally our Nightlife tour is at 21.00 to take advantage of what the rich and famous were up to after hours in the city, but during the winter months we had changed the time to 18.00. As we are coming to the end of the winter we decided to go back to the original times, and it is for this change-over period that the guide had mistaken the time.

I'm aware the guide wrote to you apologising and offering you the opportunity to take the tour later that day at 21.00 which you were unable to do.

Of course, this does not in any way diminish the seriousness of the mistake nor is it my intention to do so.

We at Be Local Tours take great pride in offering high quality tours and offering a quality service as can be seen in the other reviews on our TripAdvisor page and we are deeply sorry this professional standard wasn't met in your case.

With this in mind, we have spoken with the guide to find out where we can improve our standards in this regard and have put in structures to limit this happening again.

Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies and should you wish to contact me regarding the matter in more detail, you can do so via our website where I will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Patrick Taggart

Reviewed February 25, 2019 via mobile

Me and my wife took the gothic quater walking tour. Ricky was our guide, who is very knowledgeable. He kept the walk very interesting. We would have missed out on the history of Gothic Quaters if it was not for him. Definitely must do activities when in Barcelona

Date of experience: February 2019
Riccardo C, Proprietario at Be Local Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2019

Thank you very much! I'm happy you enjoyed the tour, cheers :)

Reviewed February 23, 2019 via mobile

They should charge for these tours. I hope I get this right but “Joel”our guide finally explained things better than any books I’ve tried to read about it. His passion and personal stories made the tour a must experience. The “war” stops we made definitely have me looking at the city differently and more humanly than just tourist shops and restaurants. Please try to pull yourself away from the churros and chocolate to take advantage of these wonderful guides throughout the city

Date of experience: February 2019
Riccardo C, Proprietario at Be Local Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2019

Thank you Mair for your review, Joel is a great guide! And it is true, Barcelona is not only churros with chocolate (although we really like them!). We are happy you enjoyed the tour! Cheers!

Reviewed February 20, 2019 via mobile

We’ve taken more than a few walking tours in different parts of the world, and this was hands down one of the better tour companies we’ve booked with. Our first day in Barcelona, we did the Gaudi tour (in English) with Ricky, who was quite personable and very educated throughout his delivery of information. He not only shares details of the architect, but had interesting stories to go along with each one. We enjoyed what we learned about the local history, economics and culture so much, that we booked another tour for the following day.

We expected to tour the Gothic Quarters with our friendly guide Ricky, but he was leading Spanish speaking tours that day (I think he speaks several languages). So we got an equally impressive tour with a gentleman named David. David definitely has the skill of painting a picture with his words. I felt like I was in the moment of history he spoke of more than once.

All in all, two great tours given by two great guides, which will help us remember Barcelona and it’s history for many years to come. Lastly, I should mention the price.... it’s free. The guides work on tips/gratuities which are well deserved. We’ve paid (and tipped) for tours with other companies which weren’t near as good as what we experienced with Be Local. I highly recommend

Date of experience: February 2019
Riccardo C, Proprietario at Be Local Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2019

Thank you so much for your great review, we are very happy you enjoyed our tours and we hope to have you back soon in Barcelona, cheers