“Great place for some tapas and a drink”
Review of La Consentida - CLOSED

La Consentida
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Description: This brewery, restaurant is located on the hearth of the Passeig de Gracia. The Bar with open kitchen and products exposed to view, gives a unique, fun and dynamic atmosphere. The menu reflects the traditional Mediterranean cuisine with a wink to North. Tapas Bar and all day nonstop kitchen to offer the incomparable Moncho's brand breakfast and continue with its magnificent tapas or dishes on the menu at any time of day.
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I've seen some who have complained about the service. I sat at the bar, so my review is based on that experience. The tapas were very good (I had jamon, pulpo a la gallega, croquettes, and a few other items). I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and Galician beer. Admission, one of the things that drew me to the place is that my father was from Galica, so a gallego restaurant caught my eye. We had just finished touring Casa Mila and this place is right near the great Gaudi buildings, thus a perfect place to take a break after hours of sightseeing. I'd highly recommend this place (and have to friends heading to Barcelona). Buen viaje.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We asked our driver to take us to La Rambla street and were lured into this place when we arrived at barcelona. He escorted us to the door so right away we felt like we were going to be taken advantage of. The host and waiters smurked at us and when we sat down we began ordering off the menu. The waiter told us we didnt want that and said he would bring "samples". They kept bringing plates of the most expensive dishes off the menu which were already excalated in price. Our bill at the end was 160 euro for food that was just ok. We had to swat some flies off of the sea food.

2  Thank John D
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Let me start with this... ask for Tyson if you eat at Costa Gallega. We ate here twice in August, 2013 and had a great experience both times.

The food ranged from good (burger for the baby) to great (all the seafood dishes we tried). The service by Tyson was superb. We did not try the mixed drinks but the wine we had was good.

Yes, the prices are a bit elevated but that is to be expected in a high-end shopping/touristy part of the city.

2  Thank zerolex
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Visited this restaurant with a very large group on very short notice. Found the staff to be super attentive and the service to be outstanding. The food was also excellent -- especially the croquettes, potatoes brava and paella... I will go back the next time I'm in Barcelona!

1  Thank Jenn14324
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We payed 66 euros for a paella, a poor salad, an omelette and a dish with octopus! Tiny portions and the paella was overcooked! Service was ok. Two persons for 66 euros (with a discount of 6 euros because of the card hola barcelona) is too much! No thanks!