“Very Enjoyable Evening”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Description: This brewery, restaurant is located on the hearth of the Passeig de Gracia. The Bar with open kitchen and products exposed to view, gives a unique, fun and dynamic atmosphere. The menu reflects the traditional Mediterranean cuisine with a wink to North. Tapas Bar and all day nonstop kitchen to offer the incomparable Moncho's brand breakfast and continue with its magnificent tapas or dishes on the menu at any time of day.
Billinge, Wigan
“Very Enjoyable Evening”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

My wife and I plus my brother and his wife visited this tapas/restaurant on the third night of our stay in Barcelona having already tried Tapac 24 and Boca Grande. We were looking for something that was somewhat middle of the road in terms of price but with a spanish feel. Like other reviewers we were attracted by the hanging Jamon ibericos just inside of the entrance. We chose to eat in the restaurant which was much bigger than first impressions from outside and had a very varied menu. Service was very friendly and the waiter answered all our questions about the food and wine as best they could with their limited english, also taking our order when we were ready. We chose 2 dishes of Paella and 2 steak dishes and we all enjoyed our choices. The Paella was served to us by 'Carlos' who it turned out was the duty manager that evening. He was a very warm and friendly guy who we had a bit of good banter with. At the end of the meal my brothers wife was looking at the lobsters in the fish tank and Carlos organised one to be taken out for her to hold which was quite a brave thing for her (and him) to do. On asking for the bill we were each given a glass of rather nice Cava and after paying the bill (€140 for all food and drinks including 2 bottles of nice red and white wine plus water) we were given some extra dessert to eat with another glass of Cava. Overall we had a great evening and we had no complaints. For the price the food was very good. As expected it was not of Boca Grande quality but they charge nearly twice as much as Casa Gallega.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Neulengbach, Austria
“Wide range of tapas and other food”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

The hanging Jamon ibericos attracted us and so we entered the restaurant. The restaurant is huge and we took a table near the bar to watch the crowd. We tried some tapas and a main dish and everything tasted good. The service was quick and ok.

It's a good place to try many different spanish foods and ok if your feet hurt from walking around visiting Barcelona. The staff is professional and used to handle a lot of clients in a short time. Paseo de Gracia is one of the main tourist trails and if you're looking for a more laid-back atmosphere you should walk away from Paseo de Gracia into some smaller streets.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great fresh food and good staff”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Happened to see the Jamon ibericos hanging over the counters and decided to try some tapas . Staff were very helpful with description of food . Tapas prices are all on display so you know what you are paying. We enjoyed so much we returned for a full restaurant meal on 3 nights . Each time we were welcomed and were shown what fresh fish was on for each night. We really enjoyed each visit and would definitely return next visit to Barcelona.

2 Thank georgy_11
Helsinki
“The worst service ever, food not good”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This restaurant was the worst I've ever been to. I felt like walking out before we even got our food, because the waiter was so incredibly rude.

I was still looking at the menu when he came to take our orders. He didn't seem to have any time to wait (and made it quite clear) so I told him I would have Ensalada Rusa and Tortilla de patatas for starters, and homemade cannellonis for main course. The menu said "homemade cannellonis" (around 13 eur), so I got a little confused when he asked: "one or two?" I asked what he means and he kept saying "just say it, one or two", and was rolling his eyes at me. I had no idea how many cannellonis the dish was supposed to include or what he meant so I simply said one. Just as my partner started to order his food, the waiter left without saying anything. He came back 5 minutes later and my partner asked if it would be ok for him to order some food as well. He managed to order a solomillo (medium), and I asked to have a glass of house red (we didn't see wine lists anywhere and the waiter didn't seem the type who would be eager to recommend any good wines to us). The waiter asked if we both wanted the house red, and my partner said no he did not. And was going to add that he would like a beer, but the waiter left again, seemingly upset/irritated/mad/ready to bunch someone in the face. He came back later and poured us both a glass of red wine, and my boyfriend said he did not order it. So the waiter left again, without saying anything whatsoever, and without my boyfriend having any time to ask for that beer he wanted. We had no idea if they were gonna charge both 2 glasses of fine, or if he had even taken our food orders in the first place.

The food did eventually arrive. My ensalada rusa and tortilla de patatas were not very tasty; I honestly think I've prepared better ones myself. The cannellonis (turned out to be three) were too cheesy, and I ate maybe 2-3 bites. My boyfriend's medium steak was actually well-done. The house wine was quite bad.

This was our last night in town and we wanted to make it a nice memorable evening - however our waiter completely ruined it. We did not see a smile on his face once, he would just roll his eyes at us and for some reason leave the table every single time my boyfriend wanted to order something. The prices would maybe have been reasonable had the service been better and the food itself been a bit more tasty (the solomillo was over 23 eur and came with an oven potato + a tomato - a bit too expensive considering the quality of the food). To me this place seemed a complete tourist rip-off. We've paid the same amount of money for lovely three course meals in town with delicious dishes and tasty wines, and have even had waiters smile at us.

I was close to tears by the end of the evening and really just wanted to leave as quick as possible, and go somewhere else for maybe a tasty late night snack just to be able to say our last night out in BCN wasn't a complete waste. Luckily we had another waiter collect the plates and bring us the check, and even though he did not say much to us, at least he did not seem angry or hostile. He almost had a smile on his face. This helped a bit but did not change my mind: I'll never go to this restaurant again, and I'll never recommend it to anyone.

The restaurant itself was noisy and chaotic (and not in a good way!), waiters kept running around, everything was a big mess. I understand it was maybe a busy night but to me it seemed like this place was just managed poorly. We saw no locals, only tourists. I feel bad for those who go there and think that this is the authentic tapas/paella/catalan experience - it really is not.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank pinsoyfi
London, United Kingdom
“food ok but service terrible”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I was on business trip in Barcelona and went to this Tapas restaurant (was recommended by my hotel). I read the reviews before hand and except one bad review, i was quite confident i would like it.... but this wasnt a good experience

the food is ok although not exceptional, i thought the menu was somewhat limited, price seems to be also ok ( i paid 20 euros for a glass of wine, 3 tapas and some bread)

Service was absolutely awful...terrible. got refused tap water and simply told they use water for the dishwasher..the tone of the answer was the issue, + not a smile, terrible service, did not hide is frustration when i asked for drink price and availability (since i wasnt given a drink menu.... )

i really wouldnt recommend this place

• Visited April 2012