“Great location”

Ranked #547 of 729 Specialty Lodging in Barcelona
Barcelona
“Great location”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The apartment was clean, the bed comfortable and the staff were very friendly. We had read previous reviews that said the apartments were noisy. We did not have a problem with noise. The best feature of this apartment is the location. It is right in the centre of the Gothic Quarter and only 2 minutes walk from the cathedral. We would definitely consider staying here again if we revisit Barcelona .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Karen H
quim b, Director General at AinB Gothic-Jaume I, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all let me thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Apartments in Barcelona.

It is indeed a great pleasure to hear that you had a pleasant stay, and above all, as you mention in your comment, a quiet one. Reviews such as yours give us the strength and the energy to keep up with what we hope is a good job. A satisfied client is a true source of inspiration for our team, as we always inform our staff when they receive such good feedback.

Once again thank you for your kind words and we are waiting for you to come back any time!

Sincerely yours,
Apartments in Barcelona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Hebrew first
TERRASSA, Catalonia, Spain
Reviewed April 25, 2012

The apartment was excellent - extremely clean, tidy, spacious and stylish. The location was perfect - right in the heart of the Gothic area of the city with Placa Sant Jaume a stone's throw away. The only criticism I have is regarding the staff. The man who I checked in with at the company's main reception was rude and unhelpful. His attitude towards me as a customer was astonishing, however I have been living in Catalonia for a year now so it's not completely surprising to be treated in this way. Other than that, perfect apartment for a long weekend in the centre.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vicky L
quim b, Gerente at AinB Gothic-Jaume I, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us. We are glad that your stay was so enjoyable and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Apartments in Barcelona.

Guest experience
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Clean, spacious, comfortable room and in an ideal location !
Enjoyed the appartment very much although at night, party people can be noisy and the windows are not insulated enough to minimise the noise coming from the street.
Also, it wasn't a double bed but 2 single beds put together. I appreciate that it is convenient if you are not a couple, but I would have liked to be informed of it when I booked the appartment.
So I'd give the flat a 7/10, because of thiese 2 points.
Otherwise, the service was kind and helpful and we felt very pleased with what we had.
We hope to come back very soon !

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anne-So_Mcr
quim b, Gerente at AinB Gothic-Jaume I, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write review about your stay at Apartments in Barcelona on Trip Advisor.

Your comments about the service in our apartments has been transferred to the management team, in order to improve our services.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to Apartments in Barcelona.

Thank you very much again for your comments

Guest Experience
Staffanstorp
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Close to everything, including Metro and Bus. Simple but clean, safe and adequately equipped. Great WiFi (free). Perhaps not a the best choice if you are sensitive to noise.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
quim b, Gerente at AinB Gothic-Jaume I, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay in Apartments in Barcelona. We will be glad to welcome you in the future. Best regards from Barcelona.
Guest experience
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2012

After reading reviews of this hotel, we knew we were going to be in for a bit of noise so just a warning if you are a light sleeper.

The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and tidy, fresh towels, clean kitchen and bathroom. The bed was comfy and all appliances were in working order. Due to the apartment location, there is a tendancy for noise from the streets below, mainly parades passing and traffic from the nearby square. This wasn't something that bothered us at all during our stay as you can't really expect a quiet time when you're right in the middle of it all. It certainly didn't detract from the enjoyment of our stay.

Everything we wanted to see was within walking distance apart from La Sagrada Familia which was an easy metro journey away. The nearest square with bars and restaurants was a 5 minute walk and there are plenty of bakeries and coffee shops and bars in the surrounding areas.

I would highly recommend this self catering stay to younger couples who don't mind a bit of noise and city life.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LouH777
gestionapartments, Director General at AinB Gothic-Jaume I, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Dear guest,
Best regards from Barcelona.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We stayed here for a few days in August. We were originally meant to stay at another apartmentinbarcelona location but when we arrived we were moved to Jaume 1. I'm pleased that after seeing the first apartment location we were lucky enough to be moved as it didn't look safe.

The apartments were well equiped ours (room 3 on the second floor) came with a double and single bed a small kitchen area including 2 hobs and a fridge with pans, crockery, washing up liquid, towels and utensils. The bathroom was spacious with a nice shower, hairdryer and towels were provided There are plenty or supermarkets around if you are cooking. Our room also came with air con which although it was noisy it was effective. The room doesn't come with a safe.

The nice touch about this room was the small patio with table and chairs which was nice to soak up the atmosphere.

There was a lift to get up to the rooms. The stairway was open brick with metal stairs with a focal point at the entrance showing some of the original foundations.

Jaume 1 is just off the gothic quarter and therefore expect noise. If you are light sleeper then maybe best to take earplugs as can hear drunken people until 3am and there is constant traffice noise at all hours.

Getting around is easy enough, the metro stop is at the end of the stree and there are plenty of taxis around.

La Rambla is a 5 min walk however I wasn't impressed after hearing the hype it just seemed to be people selling naff products and pickpockets waiting to strike.

I would recommend eating and drinking at Placa Reial, a quarter with many restuarant including Les Quinze Nits. A restuarant which is value for money but we did have to queue to eat outside but it was worth it.

We got on a sightseeing bus to get around, you can get on and off as many times as you like to have a look at the sights with buses arriving every 5-10 minutes. It costs 23 euros for one day or 30 euros for two days.

I will go back to Barcelona as there wasn't enougth time to do everything in 3 days however I wouldn't go back to this apartment.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends