“Great deco and great location.”

Hotel Denit Barcelona
Ranked #175 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I was a little disappointed after reading some of the reviews but there was no need to worry because the hotel is just great. Location is great and the rooms have beautiful decoration.Try it for yourself and you will like it.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John M
Leticia S, Gerente at Hotel Denit Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Mr. John M,
Thank you very much for sharing with us and the rest of tripadvisor members your experience at Denit Hotel. We are glad that you liked the hotel decoration and location.
Hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you on a future occasion.

Kindest regards

There are newer reviews for Hotel Denit Barcelona

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I liked our experience overthere. The staff was kind, the basic service was as I expected (no luxury, no frigobar, I knew this since I booked), the size of the hotel for short stays is fine, the weak aspect is the box water which goes out during the shower. I myself, asked everyday extras towels and used it keep the floor "dry". Bad for the hotel which had to "spend" more towels to us.
The location is perfect, the price was good.

Room Tip: My room was the 41, I like to stay at higher floors...
1  Thank WMuniz
Leticia S, Gerente at Hotel Denit Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Mr. WMuniz,
Firstly, thank you very much for having shared with us and all tripadvisor members your opinion about Denit Hotel. We are glad that you liked the design of the hotel, service and location. Regarding the issue of water/shower, it will be fixed very soon.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

During our 4 night stay, we had so many terrible encounters with the management of this hotel, I can wholeheartedly recommend you to book anywhere but there.

Their website (denit.com) offers L-size rooms, specifically stating that they come with a double bed. We booked there and received a confirmation mail, with our selection of a queen size double bed. Upon arrival, we were disappointed to find out that the so-called "queen size double bed", is in fact two single beds joined together. We went to the receptionist, who informed us that "there are no L-size rooms with a double bed", and that we could downgrade (!) to a smaller room, with no refund on the cost differences. We were shocked, and said that their website clearly advertises double beds, and that we would have never booked there for 4 nights if we knew that those are single beds. The receptionist's solution remained the same - downgrade with no refund, or suck it up. We went to see the smaller room, but it was incredibly small and had no room for our luggage, so we ended up staying in our original room and sleeping for 4 nights on a single bed. Far, far from the comfortable and romantic vacation we had planned.

On our third day our safe broke with all our belongings locked inside - our money, our passports, camera, etc. We went once again to the reception and were told that there is no maintenance staff present, and that we would have to wait until they arrive, sometime in the afternoon the next day. Ask yourself, what if you had medicine in the safe, or had to check out? Would they refuse to help then as well?
It took long, stressful arguments to convince them to call the maintenance staff and request that they arrive at 8 am the next day. At 8 am we were already awake and waiting, but no one showed up. We went to the reception at 8:15 and were told that the maintenance staff were already here, but since the receptionist didn't know if she could wake us up, she sent them on their way! Why on earth would we request them to arrive urgently at 8am, and not want to be notified when they're here?!
And after the maintenance staff opened our safe, we were told that it won't be fixed until our check-out - so much for paying for a hotel with a safe in the room.

But I wish I could say sleeping on single bed at the stiff price of 108.99 euros/per night and exhausting arguments was all that happened to us.

Upon check out we asked if there are any additional charges, and they said that everything was ok and no further charges are due. So we checked out, left the country, and a few days later received an email - stating that they're fining us 150 euros for the safe! If they wanted to charge us - they should have informed us during check out, before we left the country. They should have given us an opportunity to object, or to have a say about it, but they lied and went behind our backs. They're not even supposed to keep our credit card number anymore. It simply theft, no other word for it.

Not only was our vacation nearly ruined by the poor management of this hotel, but they also kept our credit card number and robbed us after we checked out.

We're writing this review after plenty of e-mail discussions with the hotel. We tried to give them an opportunity to express good service, apologize for all the inconvenience and refund the illegitimate charge of the safe, but they decided they prefer to have their guests pay for maintenance of faulty in-room devices and be extremely disappointed with their stay.

So please take our advice - unless you want a room that is not what you paid for, disregard from the staff, and having your credit card stored and used without your permission days after your check out - we suggest you stay away from this hotel.

There are plenty of other hotels in the area - do yourself a favor and pick any other.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Rita G
Leticia S, Gerente at Hotel Denit Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Mrs. Rita G,
In response to your comment, firstly I would like to truly apologize if your stay wasn´t like you expected. Not having met your expectations as a guest really saddens us, because we work hard every day to satisfy our guests necessities. That is and will be always, our biggest goal.
I have carefully red your comment and I would like to give you and answer and clarify the situation with you.
Firstly, I am really surprised to discover that you had a bad stay. Until the moment the safe deposit box got broken, you looked so relaxed and happy enjoying your holidays.
You break the safe deposit box in the morning and you did not informed us until 10pm. It was very late and no maintenance staff was at the hotel. Should you advised us when it happened, we would have had time to fix it in a very short period. Nevertheless, receptionist on duty asked you if something really important was inside it. You said to her “no”, since you took already enough money to have dinner and ensure your expenses until the next morning. If you have had medicine, of course we would have called maintenance staff right away. The maintenance boy came the following day first hour in the morning and your check out was not until the following day.
You were informed that some charges may be applied in order to repair the safe. We are completely sure that you didn´t meant to break it, but you must understand this device is so strong and secure and if it broke is because somehow you forced it (not voluntarily of course). In this case, we must charge you a fee.
Guests credit card guarantee damage in room facilities and un-payments and they are removed from our system after check out. Let me also inform you, guest details are protected by the LOPD, the European law about protection of guest information.
All in all, again, we are so sorry if you did not enjoyed your stayed with us. If you ever come back to Barcelona I would dearly love to talk with you personally. My e-mail is direccion@denit.com and I will be very happy to ask further questions you may have.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

It's a beautiful little hotel in a perfect central location, very quiete though. Very friendly staff.
Breakfast is perfect with fresh fruits and Nespresso Coffee.
The only negative thing we could say: we've been there in January and our air-condition did not produce any heat at all, which made our nights a little bit chilly.
Nevertheless I would always go there again! : )

Room Tip: Choose a high level in order to get some sun in the morning. We had a XL room, which was just big...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank gueschli
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We arrived around 16.00 and had a reservation for 1 night. As soon as we walked in, the receptionist just handed us a map saying that our room had a water issue (which means they probably over booked the hotel) and we had to walk to another hotel 200 meters away. No welcome, appologies or any kind of compansation. While sitting in the lobby for about 10 minutes waiting for our friends to arrive, I realized that on the map it said 850 meter walk to the other hotel with areas without sidewalk... I therefore told one of the employee that I did not want to walk 10 minutes with my bag and they said that they could call a taxi. I had to ask them to pay for the taxi. I think it could have just been offered to me when arriving at the hotel instead of saying that it´s only 200 meter walk.
Our friends came in and got their room at Denit, but in the evening Reception found out that they had check them in into the wrong room. Indeed my friend had made a mistake with the reservations date but nobody noticed and he was given someonelse room, and this persone had also to be walked out to another hotel. It´s amazing that reception does not check names even though they ask for a passport!
Next morning we came back to the hotel to pick up our friends, and sat for 15mn in the lobby with our luggage, but nobody "noticed" us or asked us what we were doing there with our luggage.
My friends came down and asked to checked out but the (sweet) receptionist handed him the bill with the other guest name on and could not figure out what my friend had to pay!
All in all, very messy experience and unwelcoming and unprofessional staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank kbh77
Hotel-Denit-Manager, Gerente at Hotel Denit Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Mr. KBH77,
After having carefully red your comment posted 3 days ago, we would like to give you and answer and clarify the situation with you. We regret having had to transfer you to another hotel. As my colleague said to you upon arrival, we had a maintenance problem and because of that we were forced to reserve a room for you in the other hotel at no extra cost. As soon as you said to us that you didn´t wanted to walk there we offered you a free taxi, you did not had to ask for it. Of course, it was necessary for the inconveniences and we were so pleased to pay for it.
Regarding your friends reservation, as you said on the comment above, they made a mistake on the dates when reserving their room. They made a reservation for the 20th of January and they came to hotel on the 27th, without giving any information to us. It was our fault that we gave them someone else´s room. It is the first time that happens something like this and I will make sure it is the last. The other guest could stayed in the hotel too. As I informed by e-mail to your friends the same day of departure, they signed on the welcome card a special offer rate for group and I kept for them the same rate, even when the rate without having a reservation was much more expensive. They also stayed in a Superior room.
We are really sorry for the missunderstandings and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you on a future occasion if you ever come back to Barcelona. My e-mail is direccion@denit.com I will be very happy to answer any question that you may have.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Found it on the internet and read a few reviews positive and negative so I decided to take the risk and book it for my Birthday Holliday in Barcelona.I can happily say it worth every little penny and more than that I was surprised how original is the actual place..Hotel Denit .If I would have to recommend to someone for a few days ...I would be more than happy to do it.Breakfast included-very tasty foods and you can eat how much you want.In rooms discretion is a priority and what si even better about this hotel is the actual location..right in the city centre..amazing!

Room Tip: It si a quite small Hotel.I booked the double bed room called Manchester Room...it was great.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2014

this is a contemporary hotel central to all the main attractions. we got it at a fab price including breakfast. the hotel was clean and staff were nice. it is literally a minutes walk from the aero bus stop. some reviews suggest it it difficult to find, we had no problem finding it by using our map and knowing the street name. simple really!
we stayed in a medium room, they are small but for the amount of time spent in the room we personally didnt see the issue.
the breakfast was typical continental style, not my favourite but cant complain at the price. the first morning i was disappointed as the food was sparse after other guests beat us to breakfast and it obviously wasnt topped up, however this wasnt a problem any other day even when we attended later staff were topping it up!
overall a great hotel that Id recommend.