“Amazing!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Born / La Ribera
Description: Based on an exhaustive selection of the best raw materials in our region, the gastronomic offer is made from simple and tasty tapas to a full season tasting menu. Paying the utmost attention in the respect for the raw materials, producers and our environment, we work to make the gastronomic experience not only pleasant and fun, but also sustainable, fair and healthy. 80% of the products we use in our kitchen, from vegetables, meats and fish, to wines, beverages and breads, come from small producers in the region. This obliges us and allows us to always work with seasonal products and update our menus permanently. We do not use gluten or lactose and the sugar from our desserts is integral and environmentally friendly. The visit of our clients, then, becomes a comprehensive event ranging from the sensory enjoyment proper to an emotional satisfaction derived from the knowledge of knowing that what is being enjoyed also contributes to strengthen the local economy and Our own health.
Reviewed July 9, 2014

What an amazing restaurant. We booked in advance as were looking for a high quality restaurant whilst celebrating a friends birthday in Barcelona. We took a taxi from our hotel and had to walk the last 5 minutes we struggled to find the restaurant, as it is down a narrow street and set back. Only a small place but the whole experience was fantastic. We had the gastronomic menu with the wine pairings . Every course was fantastic, our waiter described every course and the wine to go with. Me and my friend both had food allergies and they had no problem catering the courses to our dietary needs. Would recommend everyone go here as you won't be disappointed!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,360)

Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife and I turned up on the off chance but thankfully for us another couple had had to cancel their booking so we were invited in. My reviews always consider not just the food but also the staff along with the ambience / environment. I believe a great dining experience must achieve in all three aspects.

Firstly, the food. In summery - excellent! We opted for the Taster Menu 'Gastronomique' along with the recommended wine list to accompany each course. Each dish provided well presented delights of interesting, and sometimes unusual, flavour combinations. For example (and not all in the same dish of course!), lettuce ice cream with gaspacho, duck and pear ravioli with duck foie, partridge salad with a partridge ice cream.

Secondly, the staff. Again, in summary - excellent! They were exceptionally friendly without being intrusive and each course, and wine, was served with a full description and in the case of the wine, tasting notes. The key thing here is that they were passionate and proud about the food, wine, skills of the chef and to be part of the diners experience.

Lastly, the environment. This, I'm afraid to say, is where in my opinion there is room for improvement. On entering the restaurant there is an older style chilled storage / display unit containing items such as pea shoots, cucumbers, tomatoes, mushrooms etc. it looks a little odd as it gives the visual impression that you are entering a grocers as opposed to a top end restaurant. Another review I read (after visiting) makes reference to a musty smell in the restaurant. I also detected this and I strongly suspect that it was coming from this unit. I must stress that it is not unclean or the food not fresh - it's just the smell of ingredients all mingled together. My other comment is that the bathroom facilities were tired and could do with updating to bring them in line with the top class food that is served in this restaurant.

Overall a great dining experience but unfortunately, not quite excellent. However, a small number of changes to the environment would address this.

Enjoy,

The Nibbler.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Was a nice experience. Ideally located in the gotic quarter. The food is entirely made from local ecological products. We had tasting menu and it was paired with local catalonian wines. All in all a good meal.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

This place requires pre-booking (you can do that either on-line or via phone).
There are two tasting menus (you can add wine tasting to each of them for 30 euros). I decided to try the big one (consisting of 9 courses) and was very disappointed. I did not like the taste of 6 out of 9 courses at all...But I must note that the rest three - fish, meet and desert were really good. Wine selection was great.
Staff was very nice and helpful explaining everything about the dishes and wines origins.
Maybe I am just not a big fan of Spanish cuisine (or particularly those dishes - as I understand they change the menu from time to time) but I am pretty sure that will not come back here again - quality(taste)-to-price ratio was not adequate.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I highly recommend this fantastic restaurant in the Born district of Barcelona. The food is perfect - creative, full of flavor, and unique. The combinations of tastes and ingredients used is surprising and innovative. Every dish we had was unbelievably delicious. I recommend getting the longer tasting menu and the wine pairing because the staff did a great job of selecting local Catalan wines that pair perfectly with the dishes. The service was excellent and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The tuna belly we had was one of the best dishes we have EVER eaten anywhere.