“Fantastic Experience”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Born / La Ribera
Description: Based on an exhaustive selection of the best raw materials in our region, the gastronomic offer is made from simple and tasty tapas to a full season tasting menu. Paying the utmost attention in the respect for the raw materials, producers and our environment, we work to make the gastronomic experience not only pleasant and fun, but also sustainable, fair and healthy. 80% of the products we use in our kitchen, from vegetables, meats and fish, to wines, beverages and breads, come from small producers in the region. This obliges us and allows us to always work with seasonal products and update our menus permanently. We do not use gluten or lactose and the sugar from our desserts is integral and environmentally friendly. The visit of our clients, then, becomes a comprehensive event ranging from the sensory enjoyment proper to an emotional satisfaction derived from the knowledge of knowing that what is being enjoyed also contributes to strengthen the local economy and Our own health.
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Our hotel recommended this restaurant for our last day in Barcelona. When making the reservations online we were only offered 6pm slot, but when I emailed the restaurant they moved our reservation to 8pm without a problem.

Having read previous reviews, we ordered the gastronomic tasting menu and we were not disappointed! Wow, what a treat, every dish was masterfully prepared, served and explained.
This is not just food, this is a true food experience which lasts for 3 hours. We opted not go with a wine pairing option, but instead had the staff recommend some nice local wines to go with our food.

We've been to similar restaurants in New York which offered tasting menus, but these guys are in the league of their own. Truly one of the best meals I've ever had. It is a little expensive, but the experience is worth it.

Do not hesitate, go to this place!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,342)

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I cannot priase this restaurant enough the food and service were excellent!
I took a group of 28 people to the restaurant and we had the Gastronomic menu along with the drinks package. The staff introduced each course explaining its origins and content. They also took note of any allergies or dietry requests and amended the relevant course as required. Full of local knowledge and witty anecdotes.
The food was delectable my stand out favourite was the duck ravioli- simply gorgeous.

We arrived as a large group by coach and as the restaurant is on a pedestrianised road one of the staff members came to meet us so they could escort us to the restaurant. He also very kindly took us back once the meal was over, which was much appreciated as by then we were full of good food and fine wine so would probably have ended up lost!

Thank you so much to all the staff for a wonderful evening.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The restaurant had been recommended to us by a friend. We had booked a table in advance and arrived shortly after eight. Due to a couple of things we had been eating during the day we opted for the smaller version of the menu. Still it was more than enough. We took the wine recommendation of the waiter, an excellent, yet not too strong white wine, that fitted well with all the courses. We especially liked the lamb and the antialcoholic beer, a very tasty mixture of ... well you must try for yourself ;-) The restaurant itself is small but cozy, service is friendly and english spoken. Wolfgang and me enjoyed the evening and will definetely return on our next visit to Barcelona.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

After searching for somewhere special to celebrate my husband's birthday, I came across this restaurant and am extremely glad I did! I don't normally write reviews but I just had to this time as I have never enjoyed food and wine so much (I am not a big eater or drinker!) This was quite an experience and one that I would recommended to anyone while in Barcelona! The staff are so knowledgeable; explaining each course and each wine. Yes - it is expensive but, in my opinion, it is definitely worth it! Don't miss out - go to this place!

2  Thank N D
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My girlfriend and I dined here last Friday night based on trip advisor reviews. We had the gastronomic menu and it was excellent. Ten courses carefully prepared and very ell presented with an explanation by the waiter of each course. 65 Euros was quite fair for what you got. There’s a very complete wine list plenty of Catalan wines. The maitre help us to choose a red that goes with the menu and the choice was perfect, a Catalan merlot from a small producer that we really enjoy. A little hard to find but worth it. Highly recommended

2  Thank MPR F