“What a way to celebrate!”
Review of Restaurant Montiel

Restaurant Montiel
Ranked #79 of 10,577 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Born / La Ribera
Description: Based on an exhaustive selection of the best raw materials in our region, the gastronomic offer is made from simple and tasty tapas to a full season tasting menu. Paying the utmost attention in the respect for the raw materials, producers and our environment, we work to make the gastronomic experience not only pleasant and fun, but also sustainable, fair and healthy. 80% of the products we use in our kitchen, from vegetables, meats and fish, to wines, beverages and breads, come from small producers in the region. This obliges us and allows us to always work with seasonal products and update our menus permanently. We do not use gluten or lactose and the sugar from our desserts is integral and environmentally friendly. The visit of our clients, then, becomes a comprehensive event ranging from the sensory enjoyment proper to an emotional satisfaction derived from the knowledge of knowing that what is being enjoyed also contributes to strengthen the local economy and Our own health.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

After searching for somewhere special to celebrate my husband's birthday, I came across this restaurant and am extremely glad I did! I don't normally write reviews but I just had to this time as I have never enjoyed food and wine so much (I am not a big eater or drinker!) This was quite an experience and one that I would recommended to anyone while in Barcelona! The staff are so knowledgeable; explaining each course and each wine. Yes - it is expensive but, in my opinion, it is definitely worth it! Don't miss out - go to this place!

2  Thank N D
Write a ReviewReviews (2,394)

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My girlfriend and I dined here last Friday night based on trip advisor reviews. We had the gastronomic menu and it was excellent. Ten courses carefully prepared and very ell presented with an explanation by the waiter of each course. 65 Euros was quite fair for what you got. There’s a very complete wine list plenty of Catalan wines. The maitre help us to choose a red that goes with the menu and the choice was perfect, a Catalan merlot from a small producer that we really enjoy. A little hard to find but worth it. Highly recommended

2  Thank MPR F
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The staff welcomes you in such a nice way that you never want to leave.
We had the Gastronomic Menu, 10 or so dishes all great. Some of them were world class -the rest just great!
Would recommend for everyone.

1  Thank Kristoffer N
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed monteil Restaurante. We had the gastronomic menu with wine pairings and all items were delicious! The service was excellent. Glasses of Cava were provided when they learned it was our Anniversary. The setting is intimate and relatively quiet which is nice for our purposes.

1  Thank altatraveller
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Opted for the 10 course tasting menu at 65 euros and this was a bargain. It would be two to three times as much for the same meal in NYC. Duck ravioli with porcini was probably my favorite dish but they were all great. Well paced and friendly service.

2  Thank Paul J