“Avoid - dodgy dealers” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Barcelona Nextdoor Apartments

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Barcelona
Barcelona Nextdoor Apartments
Ranked #446 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
Brisbane, Australia
“Avoid - dodgy dealers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very responsive to emails prior to stay, then completely unresponsive when there is a problem. Picture of apartment great, reality far different. Shower drained so slowly that it flooded, the base was so small that you could only have a shower for 30 seconds before the flooding. We used every piece of linen provided in the first evening cleaning up this mess. The emergency number receives no response. No email response till we had gone three days of no shower. Repairman supposedly sent round but shower remained unfixed the entire stay. Wifi does not exist. Cupbard door fallen off and leaning up against s wall. Kitchen hardly stocked. Lots of hidden costs, completely dodgy dealers. Save yourself the heartache - Barcelona is beautiful and you need a good place to be able to enjoy it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank CJwannaB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Geelong, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

These people are liars and thieves the pics on web site well those apartments may exist but we never got the chance to see them.

We booked a one bedroom apartment with sitting room and a washing machine we are on a long trip and needed to do a wash.What we got was a newly renovated two bedroom apartment Sounds wonderful doesn't it we when I say newly renovated the paint was still wet the floor was covered in paint splatter the Ikea furniture was falling apart the hot water lasted about 6 mins the windows opened onto the lift shaft the free wifi well there isn't any.oh and it's located in a very rundown unsafe part of town my wife had he handbag stolen 50 mts from the front door Like others I tried complaining but the woman on he phone is an expert at sounding sorry, " you can move but you will have to pay the HIDDEN €50 cleaning fee again" I mean come on !!! We sent a lot of emails I rang a lot of times they ended up not taking my calls until I disabled caller ID even the emergency number wouldn't take my calls I booked through Booking.com and I am waiting for there response I have asked for a refund I won't hold my breath. Please do not stay at one of there apartments

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Paulwoodsie

Travelers are raving about these Barcelona hotels

london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

To Be honest, where do I start.......
I am a regular traveller for both work and pleasure, I travel all over the world including third world countries and BY FAR the experince my family received during our 7 days stay with Barcelona next door was the worst i have ever had.
Note to trip advisor, your rating counter should include an option "would rather stick pins in my eyes!" before the "terrible" option as I feel that even "Terrible" was too good description for them.
I was fooled into booking the holiday through them by their amazing pictures on their websites which looked amazing.
It Alll started when we requested an early check in for 11am as our flight arrived 9.30am into Barcelona, they confirmed this was ok and that we would be met at the apartment by somebody with the keys.
We arrived on time but to our surprise no one was there.
Bare in mind I had 2 children (3 years old and 3 months old) with me, my wife, a double buggy, 3 large suitecases and to hold bags.
We had to wait on the streets for over an hour for somebody to arrive.
We were supplied with an emergency number to call which we did but went through to some woman who was actually at the barcelona grand prix so she couldnt hear us and we didnt get anywere..... so much for the emergency number!
finally we were met with the keys.
checked into sky loft terrace 2 and they demanded balance of payment in cash which had never been mentioned before.
I refused and said i would pay on card.
apartment was filthy, smelt of urine and to top it all off was infested with bugs / termites of some sort.
when we complained to the useless woman on the Emergency number she first of all accused us of bringing them in with us on flowers or plants! we argued all day and refused to stay their as we had 2 small children 3 year old and 3 month old. finally at 9pm they agreed to put us into another apartment, Fontanella which we had to get 2 seperate taxis to with all our luggage.
on arrival the front of the apartment block was under contrsuction still with dirty green netting over the front, plus the block was down some dark dirty back street which wasnt safe at all.
When walking into the hall way it looked like a scene out of Hostel and looked more like a Prostitute house. we finally arrived into the apartment about 10pm (bare in mind we had been up since 2am) on opening the door my 3 year old son nearly stepped onto a piece of wood which was left of the floor with an exposed nail pointing up which could have serioudly hurt him, when complaining to them they mearly said " please put the wood somewhere safe" and didnt even apologise.
again the apartment was run down, dirty and dark and dingy
the next morning I had 3 phone calls before i had even woken up from the demanding payment as they couldnt process my card details because their system was down, again demanded cash.
I refused and told them to keep trying they actually threatened to throw us out on the streets unless we paid cash. again i refused.
finally their system allowed the payment and he confirmed all was ok and he we wouldnt need to speak again, on check out the follwoing week to leave the keys in the apartment on departure.
we had 1 day not speaking to them which meant we could actually relax and enjoy Barcelona.
The day after again in the morning I received many phone calls from their office advising that we needed to move out this apartment immediatly and back to the old dirty one as fontanella was double booked, I refused as all the moving was extremely stressful and said that they hadnt advised this at first and told them to put new arrivals in our old apartment as we wasnt moving, they then threatened again to throw us out on the streets with police escort if needed!!!!!.
we actually had to baracade ourselves into our apartment with the fear that we would be thrown out. we couldnt go out in fear that if we returned all our luggage and belongings would be on the streets. we tried booking other hotels but becase of the grand prix that week this was near impossible.
we decided to book early flights home as the stress had made my wife and children ill.
I havent even gone into much detail on this review so much other stuff happened and was wrong with the apartment but there arent enough hours in the day to list.
trust me do not use this company, I am currently still battling with them on a refund, I have actually contacted my credit card company and requested a charge back as they are denying there was any problems. DO NOT STAY THERE!!!! Cliff.

Room Tip: dont do it, dont do it dont do it
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank cliffmay
Gdansk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

Despite of reading below reviews on this site, we decided to book apartment from BarcelonaNextApartments.
The apartment Dali3 was very clean and furnished according to my taste with original brick on the walls. Walls are very thick so we did not hear any neabours!
In the apartment everything works excellent so we did not need any additoinal service

Location was excellent, it was very closed to Museum Picasso and not far away from Las Ramblas and Plaza Catalunya and close to many must see sites.
I would recommend this apartment and this company!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karolina C
barcelonanextdoor, Reservas at Barcelona Nextdoor Apartments, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear John,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on the website following your stay with us.
We are so sorry for the incident with the AC, we do our best to improve the well-being of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

BarcelonaNextDoor Team.
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

I have to say that I can be very [---], I stayed at Dali apartment and first of all the apartment was very hot, I turned on the AC but did not work. Then I called the office and they told me I had to wait. I waited about 20 minutes and obviously it did not work. I called them again and claim for a refund. Within 25 minutes I got the AC fixed and a bottle of champagne. I was there for business and had to use internet a lot, it surprisignly worked very good. So I have to say that I got what I wanted

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank John C
Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

This was the worst vacation experience I have ever encountered and I am a seasoned traveller. I reserved the DALI apartment in February 2011 through BarcelonaNextDoor to ensure that I had the best picks available for our August vacation. Communications prior to our arrival were excellent. I am a single mom who was travelling with my two young daughters. We picked up the keys at the office and taxied to the apartment as we had an early arrival and check in was not until 3pm. The agency at least was kind enough to hold our luggage so we could do some sightseeing. We were told that upon arrival our apartment may be smelly but once the air conditioner was turned on the smell would quickly dissipate. We only knew the apartment number to be PP1. There we no indicators on any of the doors and the key did not operate in the door which seemed logically to be PP1, so we had to go to every door in this building (about 20) and try the locks, worried that someone was going to come out and accuse us of trying to break in. We tried 4 times at the door to which our key seemed to be the best fit. After playing with the lock we discovered that the key required two full turns to open. Meritxell Costa in the rental office was right, It was very smelly and incredible hot inside -35C!!! We located the air conditioner controls and turned the two units on. We waited for about 1 hour and it was still 35C. There were 3 floor fans present and this is where each of us sat for 1 hour...in front of a fan....waiting...keeping all the lights off so as not to add more heat. I called BarcelonaNextDoor and was assured that the AC worked as they had had problems with the AC and this had been addressed and to give it 4-5 hours as the apartment was large! The AC units were about 12 feet off the floor so we couldn't use our hands to feel if anything was coming out. I was provided an "emergency number" to call after office hours. I tried to call this number from the apartment as the office was now closed. All I got was some operator recording in Spanish which I could not understand. I later learned that the "emergency number" is restricted from the apartment telephone!!! I did not have my cellular with me on this trip due to the costs involved with international plans. After going out on the street and begging 20 store merchants to let me use their telephone, one finally did. I reached Marta, the "emergency" lady and told her that the AC was NOT working and it was 35C in the apartment. She told me she would get back to me in 20 min. I told her that we were at a store and that I would be back to the apartment in 15 min and await her call. We waited for 2 hours and she never called or came to the apartment. We finally went out again to get something to eat as it was now 10pm and we had not had any dinner due to trying to resolve this issue. We slept with fans blowing on our naked bodies. The two beds in the living room were horrible and sagged in the middle. One daughter had to sleep in the upstairs room which was even hotter, my other daughter come to my bed in the middle of the night. These apartments have only interior windows which all open to central square area of space which houses the elevator shaft which we could see people and people could see us. We opened all the windows to allow air in as it was about 15C cooler outside. The noise level was high and people were partying until late at night. The apartment had no natural light coming in and so you felt as if you were in a dungeon. They are many, many light all over the apartment to compensate or this. When they took they photos they must have used floodlights to create an illusion of brightness! Now the other issue was the sewer smell that was in this apartment. I woke so many times during that night due to the unbearable heat and the toxic smell and that emanating from the washrooms and/or outdoor corridor. The apartment had WIFI and so I was able to email the office that evening and asked that they call. To my surprise Meritxell did call us around 10am. She told me that Marta would be there at 11am as she was letting someone else in another apartment. I told her that she would not likely show up and she said she would call last night and did not. She did show up at 11:30am. She opened the door and went "WHEW". Interestingly, I thought about this afterwards, and she did not even look at the AC units nor look to see if the units were turned on properly and the correct buttons were pressed....can you understand why...because she knew that the AC did not work! If that was any other sensible person who kept insisting over and over that the AC worked...this would have been the first thing that they would have done, right? I told her that I rented this apartment as it specifically had AC and that I would like a refund for the 2 remaining nights we had booked. She said that she had another apartment that had AC that was not far away and would I like to go and see it. We did! Now, I had read that this area is not the safest in the evenings. DALI has two locked doors for entry, this apartment did not and the entry door was right on the street. So right off I was not impressed. Then as was started to climb the narrow steep stairs, I told Marta that I was not interested. The stairwell was about 2 feet wide, 4 or 5 flights up and very, very steep. We had 6 heavy pieces of luggage. She said that she would help carry them up. I asked if she would be here to help carry them down, and she did not respond. This bathroom smelt worse that the other! The AC did work, but there was only one bed. The girls would have to sleep on the sofa! I said that I just wanted a refund and would find a hotel as this was not what I had paid for and that BarcelonaNextDoor did not hold up thier end of the contract and I had done everything to a tee on regards to my responsibilities with the contract. She said it was not possible. By this time, I was in tears, and I am not one to cry very easily at all. BarcelonaNextDoor was ruining our 3 days here and one day had been wasted waiting for them the come/call and address this malfunction. Marta called the manager David at the office and at first he said yes, that he would refund us, but then he changed his mind and said NO! My one daughter was so upset watching all of this unfold, and spoke up, saying this was not fair and not right and that she was just a child and should not have to do this. Bless her heart! Nope, there was nothing that they were willing to do. They had our money and so..too bad for you....you "one time guest"! No customer service is required by these agencies and they know they will never see you again most likely as this is not a repeat customer kind of business. We returned to our apartment and gathered all our things and made sure the apartment was as we found it for fear that they would charge my credit card with the $200E security deposit. That remains to be seen. I had to go the a hotel and had to pay an additional $400E! I will be warning people on every site that I can about this agency and to not be fooled by the "enchanting pictures" they have on their website. This agency has turned me off of apartment rentals. And even though I have had success in other countries without problems, I will never ever take this chance again. This is without a doubt the worst travel experience I have ever had! Shame on BarcelonaNext Door for extorting tourists. What upsets me the most, is how they knew very well that the AC was not working in this apartment and they sent me and my children there and then continued to insult our intelligence by insisting over and over again that it was working!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Ghiverney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

Liars and cheaters. My family and I were booked for a 3 night stay in Dali 2. At first, the employees seemed to be very nice and accomodating, but we were horribly mistaken. The apartment was extremely difficult to locate- we literally had to try and open every single door in the building as no one at the office would respond to our messages. When we finally got in, it was deadly hot. We could not figure out the A/C and called the office and they said it would take 3-4 hours before it would work (at their office they said 3-5 minutes) and to call back then. We opened the windows but the smell was too awful to keep them that way. After several hours, the air conditioner continued to not work and we called but their was no answer. We tried the EMERGENCY number, only to discover they had blocked it from the phone! We ended up having to walk up and down the street begging stores to use their phones. We got ahold and asked them to call the apartment in 20 minutes, but we waited for an hour and a half without a call. Our bags were extremely heavy and difficult to move as a family members have leg&back problems, so we had to spend the night in the apartment which was at LEAST 3x hotter than it was outside (I'm talking dripping sweat from just sitting). All night their were people having sex in the apartment above us. The next morning they sent a representative over who offered us a new apartment, but we could not get our luggage up the stairs as they were too narrow. We demanded a full refund for the horrible service or at least for the next two nights because we were absolutely NOT staying there any longer. They would not refund us any money for any nights.

Long story short: This experience brought on sobbing, screaming, and even illness. We were robbed of €300/$450, and the ordeal practically DESTROYED our vacation. These guys are nothing but cheaters and their company deserves to go down the tubes.

• Stayed August 2011