Sant Jordi Hostel Sagrada Familia
$208
$123
$116
  • Pool
Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona(Barcelona)
$373
  • Breakfast included
$344
$314
  • Pool
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
$149
El Palace Hotel(Barcelona)
$437
$424
  • Restaurant
All reviewscommon roomsagrada familiapub crawlhalf pipebig kitchenelectronic keysangria nightperson dormkitchen areabig lockersfree mapbed roompaellacommon areas arewater pressureshared bathroomair condition
Reviewed March 18, 2013

From check-in to check-out, this was a top notch hostel experience. Friendly and humorous staff that know the hotspots all around the city. Full of mostly young and social people from all over the world, make for great dinners and pubcrawls together with the cunning hostel staff. Enjoyable was also the big common area with comfy 'fat-boys' and a wide selection of movies, concerts, cable-tv and other stuff to watch. My original plan was to stay just a couple of nights. I ended up staying 16. I highly recommend this hostel for everybody!

Room Tip: If you can, choose a bed as close to the window as possible as it easily gets warm in the shared dorms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2013

First, the staff that greets you is warm, welcoming, and giving of all the info you need--maps, tours, and the hostel itself provides all kinds of activities to see the sights, nightlife, and make new friends. The clientele is generally young and very hip, and decor post modern and clean from white walls, bean bags, and skateboard themes--if you're the backpacker or adventurer type, this is affordable heaven with a college atmosphere. I stayed in the private single room in a short term apartment--perfect for peace and privacy, feeling like you own your own apartment, and still have fun new friends move in and out every day or three. Location of this Sant Jordi is epic: a walk from Gaudi's biggest masterpiece and all of the metro, bus, markets, bars, plazas and city center. I also spent a night at another Sant Jordi--more the typical hostel, but still great--they have several Sant Jordi's around the city if you want to shift locations.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the 3 bedroom (single, double, and quad) short term apartment on the 10th floor; nice balcony, kitchenette, beds and furniture...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 14, 2013

To sum up my emotions surrounding this hostel, I booked a week the first time I came and stayed for 35 days. Came back a few months later for 3 months. Saying much?

Best hostel I've been to in Europe (been to over 50) because:

- The staff make you feel like a friend and not just a customer.
- Free pub crawls that join up with other Sant Jordi hostels, all of which have equally awesome employees... Also free coffee/tea/wifi.
- It's clean... very clean... disgustingly clean (is that possible?)
- Two blocks from a metro station.. better get in shape for that trek.
- Five minute walk from Sagrada Familia Cathedral.
- Five second walk to booze across the street.

If you want to party, go to the main lounge - and later on for a free daily pub-crawl. If you want to relax, go to your apartment and do your thing. Its a hostel for all tastes.

Room Tip: Sign up for pizza night, tapas night, etc... whatever they're doing that night. Very tasty.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank rinkozlov24
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My two companions and I stayed in a 4-bed room which was part of an apartment-style setup (living room, kitchen, balcony). We ended up sharing the room with a man from South America. My favorite part about the hostel was how clean it was. The rooms and bathrooms were immaculate. The beds were nice, but our room was very small.

Our check-in and check-out processes took a long time because the two staff members on duty in mid-July were inundated with way too much to do. I think if they had more help, it wouldn't have been a problem... But it was! We were given a very informative map and one of the staff members brought us to our rooms (while giving us a brief tour of the hostel) and explained how to use our key cards. It is important to mention that there are elevators, which was a nice change from other hostels we stayed at.

Another nice thing about Sant Jordi S.F. is that it's very close to the metro, which can take you anywhere in the city within a few minutes. As advertised it's also quite near to the magnificent Sagrada Familia. We spent very little time in the hostel because we were out exploring the city, but it might also be good to mention that they have a bunch of nice computers for people to use.

Now... What I didn't like. Although we were given several key codes, the WiFi NEVER worked in our rooms, which was a huge pain because we wanted to research where to go, upload photos, etc. The computers were great, but were seldom available because so many people had the same problem. We could get WiFi at the entrance of the building, but there was nowhere to sit!

We had labeled food we -hid- in the apartment pantry stolen from us... But I don't think that's a reflection of the hostel, just the people who decided to stay there at the time. Another note -- there is a washer and dryer in a laundry room within each apartment, but they're not for backpacker use. It's only for staff to use to wash sheets, etc. Would have been nice if we'd been able to use it!

Barcelona itself is now one of my favorite places in the world... But I would say there are way better places in the city to stay for the money we paid than this hostel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I really recommended this hostel for those who are travelling with a bunch of group because u can share the apartment together without any strangers. The rooms, toilet, kitchen and hall are neat and clean, the staffs was super friendly, i asked one of them to find me a cellotape and he was trying as long as he can help me to find the cellotape, i really appreciate that. And also i am not recommend this hostel for couples/anybody who wanted a privacy because u will live with strangers and share bathroom with them unless u pay for the whole apartment then it is okay.

• Stayed: February 2013