“Great place, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pars Teatro Hostel

Pars Teatro Hostel
Ranked #83 of 754 Specialty Lodging in Barcelona
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great place, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed here after having it recommended to me by many other travellers through my Europe trip. Sure enough it was lovely. Only incident I had was with a drunk, obnoxious guest in the same room as me who I think intimidated the night guard who hesitated to do anything about it. There are smaller rooms, so this might be less of an issue if you aren't in the biggest shared dorms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nagoya, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

One of my friend recommend me this hostel and I really enjoyed my stay. I originally booked a bed for 2 night but I extend it for 3 more nights. The hostel is clean, secure and next to the main street las ramblas and most of tourist attractions. The owner made Paella and Sangria one night, she is really helpful. I recommend this Hostel to everyone!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

I decided to travel alone, first time ever. Stayed in a different hostel at first but luckily changed to Albareda Youth Hostel. Staff took care that no one was left alone, even though you came alone. They created a great atmosphere to the hostel during my stay - they wanted everyone to join during their stay as much as possible. I only stayed for 3 nights and in every single one of the nights the hostel arranged some kind of activity. We had pub crawls, sangria-night and a free dinner night! Thanks to the staff I felt very safe during my stay in Barcelona. They gave me great tips like what to do, where to go, what to see and where to eat. Definitely going back one day!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights there with my family, who are not quite used to Hostels, and everybody loved it. Staff was great, there's a nice (not that big though) common place along with the kitchen and a big glass by which you can watch people pass by in the street (and they even have a very good acoustic guitar!) Beds were very good. Showers could be better, but that's ok. Extra points for a totally free Wifi that DOES works, even in the rooms. Location is excellent, and with a 10 min walk you get to lots of cool places like the harbor, the beach, Las Ramblas and the Gothic Quarter.

Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed with two friends in Albared Youth Hostel for 6 days and we spent really great time there. The atmosphere is warm and cozy, it's located near the metro station, there are supermarkets and lots of restaurants and bars nearby. The staff is very friendly, they even organized different events such as parties and bar crawling. We strongly recommend this hostel, especially to young adventurous people :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RadinaT
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

The only reason I don't rate this hostel as "excellent" is because the old guy who's always there for the morning desk shift (I assumed he's the owner!) was not that pleasant and I think tried to scam me. When I asked for a towel one morning he said it was two euros, when I gave him the money he said it was actually three. Fair enough. Then when I checked out he needed to give me back my 10 euro deposit for returning my key. He said "Okay, if you have 20 euros I can make change and give you a ten" at first I wasn't really paying attention to what this meant and went with it. But I didn't have cash so I couldn't do it anyway, so he gave me ten euros in coins. As I walked out I realized it wouldn't have made any sense for me to give him a twenty and get ten back in change because I'd only be losing another ten euros when I was supposed to be earning ten euros, not losing it! So that was odd...

But otherwise the rest of the hostel staff was lovely and nice and everyone else staying in the hostel was great. It's well taken care of, clean, organized, and in a good location. A good bargain for the money it cost me to stay there! If you don't count the weird, grumpy owner guy trying to get ten euros off me haha.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

This was only my second hostel experience and it was a definitely a positive one. This hostel is a very clean place with great fun helpful staff. The location is decent as it's close to the main areas in Barcelona that you need to see.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends