“Warm atmosphere”

Ranked #83 of 729 Specialty Lodging in Barcelona
Tehran
“Warm atmosphere”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed there in Merce Festival,It was memorable:warm atmosphere, friendly staffs, clean room, colorful place and also great location, close to metro station, beach, and La Ramla .It was close to every where that was held the festival.Thank you every body in Albareda specially Guiti and Hamed.I enjoyed a lot when Hamed was playing Guitar.I was there 2 years ago and I will come there again.

Room Tip: Use the program that they provide for going Flamenco.It is amazing with cheapest rate you can go .
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Shokooh n

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed there for a week and I think that it is a great hostel. The hostel is very clean; the staffs are friendly and helpful. I like their Sangria time at night that offered me chance to meet and talk to different people. The location is good because it is in a safe area but yet close to Ramblas; you walk to Ramblas in 15-20 min, alternatively you can walk to the nearest metro station in 5 min and take 1 stop to there.

I’d like to return to this lovely hostel one day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sun Y
Kraków, Malopolskie, Poland
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was in Albareda Hostel for 4 days! It was amazing time! Great staff, great people and excellent location. It was really close to the beach and city center. I will come here for sure one day again!
Greetings for all amazing Albareda staff ! You are guys awesome!:)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ewa D
Cesky Krumlov, Jihocesky Kraj, Czech Republic
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Booked my and my friends stay like 2 months ago, received a confirmation that everything was ok, so came in full of expectations. the first surprise was that the guy at reception kept on persuading us we'd booked just one bed, not 2, until I showed him our confirm. mail. with no sorry or anything we were told we could stay then, but we'd change our room like three times. I booked 8 nights, but I was pressed to pay for 9. I took me like 15 minutes to explain I would not do that. We did not receive any map, any explanation how the hostel works, just NOTHING. For me, as I am the hostel manager too, this was reason to leave at the moment. But next day, fortunately, there was another girl called Mafalda who was very nice and gave us a map at least. Then the things went better, all the managers apart from those old ones ftom the first day (I suppose they are the hostel keepers) were so helpful and nice. Thank you SO MUCH, Mafalda, Guiti and You(I don't know your name-you were working on friday 27.9. night), you are doing amazing job and you finally made me stay. The cleanliness was really ok, I would only prefer a little bit larger rooms. Great location, close to metro station, beach, and La Ramla from where you can get anywhere you want. It's just all about the people...anyway, I'll remember this trip as a good one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Well what can I say, I came here with the premise to have a low key city trip and found myself surrounded by fantastic people from all over the world, going out with new friends and having an absolute blast! Staff are amazing, friendly, helpful and so chilled out. The atmosphere of the place is so calming and welcoming too. The rooms were great, with lockers to store your personal belongings in. It is a very clean hostel and always looks tidy. Call me crazy but I left on Monday, missed the place so much I booked another trip to go back 4 days later!

Room Tip: Open your mind, if you come to a hostel and share a room expect there to be noise. I had a rear room...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2013

If you're a party animal and/or going to Primavera Sound, I'd definitely recommend this hostel. It's near the Paral.lel station, so Parc del Forum is fairly easy to get to, and there are shops, restaurants and a beach nearby. It's bright and colourful, the staff are very friendly and enthusiastic and will help you out with directions and recommendations for places to go, and there's generally someone on the door at all hours. Be warned, though - if you want a quiet night in, you might want to go somewhere else as there were parties going on practically every night I was there. The beds are comfortable, the security is good and the rooms are cleaned fairly regularly. I don't know if I'd personally stay there again as I wasn't too keen on the area itself, but I can't fault the hostel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Albareda youth hostel is of course superior in terms of cleanness, service and location. However, for me, what makes it unique is the warm environment that makes you feel at home.
I think that this does not happen by accident. The staff really make an effort to build this spirit. As a solo traveller, I thought of my hostel more than a bed to sleep in. I was seeking a chance to meet new people, get to talk to them, and enrich the experience of travelling. If you have a similar objective, Albareda is an option that I would recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo