“Friendly yet value for money”
Review of Pars Teatro Hostel

and 1 more site!
Pars Teatro Hostel
Ranked #77 of 736 Specialty Lodging in Barcelona
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I'd say this is probably one of the most friendliest hostel I ever stay. The location are really convenience which is closed to metro station and Rumla the busiest street in Barcelona. The staff are really friendly. The hostel are always clean. Another good thing about this hostel was wifi, I'd be able to get an access everywhere even when I was on the bed, whereas some hostel you may have to stay only around lobby area. I was staying there during February so the weather are coolish. The landlady *I'm sorry I cannot remember her name she was really nice. She cooked pasta for five of us one night and ended up sharing our travel experience., which I really enjoy my time and my stay in Barcelona. I really cannot wait to go back and stay there again. I totally recommend this hostel for all backpackers.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Literally the most awful accommodation experience I have ever had abroad. Extremely rude staff in this poorly run place put a downer on my trip. The only positive was the central location and the other travellers I met staying at this place were nice and friendly. If you want to be treated like a juvenile and subscribe to a lot of irrelevant rules then stay here, if not I strongly advise looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank babymonkey_13
mitra2, Director General at Pars Teatro Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Itis easy to compare all other coments with yours .

We were waiting this coments from 6 unpleasent girls that made the life impossible for the staff and the roommates .you wanted to cancel at check in a reservacion of 6 persons 10 nights, because somebody offer you an aprtment in the street . not accepted logicaly . then you kept the room dirty rand untidye all the time . you walked on topless in and out all the time and the staff had to call to police 2 times for your bad manners. you was crying at midnight in the showers . we asked 2 of your friends check out , because it was imposible with them . but again we was tolerate with you . at the sonar nights you introduce boys to the room and the staff had so many problemes with you . nobody wanted to stay in the same room with your group.
We never had so rude and unpleasent young girls like your group running 20 years diferent hostels . so everybody who read this lines can understand what happened .

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Absolute best staff of anywhere I have stayed. They are seriously so nice, friendly and helpful, really making sure you have a good time. They are also genuinly interested in you and spending time talking to you. The common areas are great--really well furnished, spacious and functional. The showers are so nice-like rainwater showers! The location is good, way more calm and safe than areas right in the centre of everything but still very conveinent. Good advice on activities. It is a place you really can control your own level of socialization...I think anyone could do well here.

Con...someone comes in to clean the rooms in the morning, which is nice BUT they will clean while you are sleeping , which is awkward. Also, everyday they take your sheets and blankets and fold them up into a weird square. I had some of my things folded into this packet and others dropped under the bed before I knew they would do this. It´s nice they clean but I´d rather have my bed be private while I stay somewhere. The place is a bit loud since sound comes up from the common areas from people coming in late at night and then leaving early in the morning a mere few hours later. Breakfast is nothing special.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Teresa D
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was my first visit to Barcelona and I was a little nervous about staying at a hostel considering some difficult experiences I had had in the past. When I first arrived the check-in process was super easy. The staff was expecting me and had everything ready to go. I found the place to be really clean (a professional cleaning person comes in every day) and all the guests very friendly. The atmosphere is as social as you want it to be. Some people prefer to spend a bit more time alone than others, but most tend to socialize quite a bit in the common areas. This hostel seems to attract very respectful travelers. I enjoy this hostel so much that on my return to Barcelona from my cruise I didn't even look anywhere else. This place just feels like home.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Arcenis R
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Really a very nice homely hostel with nice lounge and kitchen.
The room and bathroom are clean and not too small. Is very central.
Since we had already booked another hostel, we had to leave again for a short time, but since I liked it so much I came back. We have met great people there so we could ferent Thanks Mafalda and Nicey experience the nightlife.
When I come back to Barcelona, I will certainly go back to the Youth Hostel Albareda. Thanks for a great time and great atmosphere....
Since your the best!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Monika K
Reviewed May 29, 2013

It is definitely the best hostel i've been in on my trip abroad. Not only they are perfectly located but it is very safe and has a really good vibe to it.

The hosts are the best. Mafalda, Nicay and Maurine will make sure you have a wonderful stay!

Nicay is always there to talk to you and is very friendly all the time. Trying really hard for the hostel to be a place where you want to be!

Another example of that is the time and effort they put in organizing your days... but especially your nights in barcelona. I had a lot of fun with Mafalda, she went out with us to show us the bars, moreover she tried her best to get us in nightclubs for free most of the nights I was there ! Also she organized a party for my friend's birthday at the hostel! And the best thing about that is she did without even being paid ! Mafalda is the greatest host ever.

The only con i see is the wifi not really good in the lobby.

I guess what i want to say is thank you very much and ill definitely be back at albareda youth hostel !

Albareda a small hoatel with heart and soul!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Edouard23
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The showers and room were very clean and the cleaner did a great job at this. The bed was too soft for me but I'm sure others don't mind. The room had lockers but when you leave the hostel, you have to leave your keys at reception. WiFi was good in the room but was really poor in the common area. Location was alright, 10 mins walk to Ramblas and metro. A corner store is just around the corner and the hostel is situated on a very quiet street so there's no noise at night.

The con which led to a lower rating than i would have given: one of the staff (he's probably new) screwed up my booking. I arrived late in the night and he said that he couldn't find my booking. I gave him my confirmation email and he couldn't find my name on the printout and then said that it must have my name on it for it be valid. I showed him the email on my phone (which had my name on it, the same email that I printed) and he said, he can't accept that and must accept the printout. Then i found my name on the printout and then he made up more excuses, saying that the agent (booking.com) screwed up my booking. I spent ages waiting for him to find me a bed, have no idea what the big fuss was as there were plenty of beds available. Finally, he gave me a bed, still blamed the website for screwing up my booking, and told me that I'll have to check out and check in again in the morning. Morning came and I packed my luggage and stuff, went downstairs to check out and check in, but this time (a different guy, probably the owner) said that all has been taken care off and I can stay in the same room and bed. No need to move.

So, the first night was very negative experience, but then after that everything else was fine.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo