“unforgettable :)”

Ranked #83 of 721 Specialty Lodging in Barcelona
Warsaw, Poland
“unforgettable :)”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I've spent a week in Albareda and it's been the best holiday ever. Extremely helpful and welcoming staff. The owner cooked awesome paella one day and prepared Sangria the other, one of the receptionist took us for totally crazy pub crawl... They gave me a lot of useful tips on what, where and when to do and see :) Place itself is very clean and tidy and arranged a bit like home. They have all you might need during short or long stay. It's run by people who like travelers and you can feel that from the moment you get there. Amazing place for those who travel with friends as well as for those who go alone like i did.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Clean rooms, very kind and knowledgeable staff, and it's on a very good location near Las Ramblas and the port. It's about 5-10 minute walk, but not so close that tourists are always passing by. It's about 5 minutes from the metro station too from which you can go just about anywhere in the city. One night the owner brought us all together to cook a pasta dinner, which was nice. A convenience store is around the corner.

The staff are somewhat anal about security; you must leave your keys with you when you leave and be let in/out of the building. While this was annoying, it's understandable considering the amount of petty crime in Barcelona, and thieves who can and apparently do stroll right in and out hostels to steal things.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank DSG21
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is a great hostel ! My friend and I stayed here at the end of august for a week we seen the hostel had great reviews so we thought we'll give it a go ..
The hostel has everything you need — the location is great as it is only a couple of minutes walk to the famous La Rambla and various other sights , the beach is also about 20 minutes walk which wasn't bad at all . The staff are very friendly and will make your stay here very enjoyable as they will organise pub crawls and a "Sangria night" during the week . i would definitely recommend this hostel to everyone as you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is a great hostel! The location is great, the staff is friendly, family like. The rooms are clean, the showers great and the atmosphere just amazing! The beds even are very nice! I think I can say that this is maybe one of the best or even the most best hostel I have ever been.. and this is certainly not my first hostel ;)
I would recommend this to all my friends who just want to have a good time and meet fellow travelers!

Room Tip: just any I've seen is nice :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2012

it is very possible that the reservation you made will not be honoured and you will be sent next door to sleep and not be able to get into your booked room until after 1pm the next day `even if you have paid through hostel world or hostel bookers. be prepared to be sent to another hostel. it seems that a reservation paid for does not guarantee you of the bed you reserved. it seems that it happens regularly. is this normal for Barcelona? this is unfortunate especially for people arriving from far and who are tired and wish to rest and get ready for knowing the city...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank susie c
mitra2, Propietario at Pars Teatro Hostel, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Hi ,
Dsear lady of 65 years old , there was a problem with a room with water and we had to send 5 persons to other hostel as you mencioned . the hostel just the next door we are number 10 and they are number 8 in the same street. Instead of this problem we gave you a small ( 4 beds room ) with the same price , we didn,t charge you the towels asked everyday .everybody was happy we invite you foods and drinks for free and you said that maybe we want to kill you like happened to you in Cuba and didn,t accept ( please see the other coments and you understand that you was negative with everything ) . we have a restriccion age and we accepted you with all our love and respect . your coment will help us that the other persons know us better .
It is enough to see the other coments and judge about us . always there is some person who is negative and dark in all aspects and you was one of them . hope never happen again .
Rome, Italy
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I've been at the Albareda about one month ago, it was my firts time in Barcelona but I've really enjoyed my stay in this hostel.
It is located in the very city center of Barcelona, just few steps from the Ramblas (the main Barcelona avenue) and 5 min. walking from the metro station, so from this place you can easily reach all the main attraction of the city.
The hostel is small, just one main living room placed on the ground floor, together a large kitchen, tv, computers and vendind machines; on the upper floor, there are located the rooms of the hostel (I think no more than 5) and two bathrooms (male/female). Wi-fi is provided all over the hostel. Rooms are large, with bunk beds, lockers, windows and moquettes; bathrooms are large too, clean, with showers.
When travelling, I used to stay in hostels, as I like to stay in int'l places and not expensive accommodation, and even if I had the chance to see larger hostels in other cities than the Albareda, my feedback is strongly positive.
The hostel is carry on by a unique family and they are all professional, kind, polite and always at your disposal. I had one of my best check-in: reservation was effectively accepted and all the required informations about the hostel and the city in general were satisfacted.
Moreover, the environment is very relaxed and easy-going, every day they suggest the best attraction, venues and parties for the guests; the owner of the hostel is great: she had organized for all the guests a large dinner, cooking for everyone in order to get the people meet each others!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank dave s
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. It was just outside of the centre, which was perfect. It was close enough to get to the nightlife on Las Ramblas (10 minute walk), but far enough away for peace and quiet when the night was over! 15-min walk to the beach, 3 minute walk to the metro. The staff were wonderful and very hospitable (the woman would even introduce new guests to whoever was hanging out in the lounge!), the lounge was cool (nice touch with the guitar!), and the breakfast was decent. I really enjoyed that it was such a small hostel because it was really easy to meet people. Most people staying there were in their mid-20s to mid-30s and everyone was really easygoing. The place was really clean, but my only concern was that they asked me to toss my bedsheets in the laundry hamper, but told me to leave the bedspread...which I hope they change with each checkout. Otherwise, this place is perfect. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo