“Good main courses, shame about the service”
Review of Rita Rouge

Rita Rouge
Ranked #3,956 of 10,014 Restaurants in Barcelona
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Raval
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Food is quite good - the main courses especially. However the service is slow, lax, and they make lots of mistakes. Wrong food to tables, swapping of customers food from incorrect tables, and they charged us (2 of us) for 3 main courses even though one was their mistake! We watched each other eat our main courses because of their mistakes then were expected to pay for the inconvenience. No attention to detail except from the kitchen. Annoying.

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

I've been to this restaurant a handful of times and always got good food prepared in an unconventional fashion. The doses are often small and the waiting time a bit long but for social encounters none of this is problematic and the food is genuinely good!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Went for dinner with my Wife last night, first impressions good. Nice Jazzy looking place and greeted by a friendly young man who took us to our table and took our drinks order. Quite a wait then, it was the last we seen of the young man. Enter Herman, a waiter with no chat or personality, took the order and long wait. Which was weird, as only one other person eating at that time. Food arrived it was average.. We weren't offered anything else, no salt pepper or salad dressing. In fact we weren't spoken to, he just brought the food and run off, After 5 mins I thought I'll ask for our table candle to be lit and I wanted a bit of salt. No one around, so I went to the bar, one man looked at me and walked off???? Enter Herman again, "YES" he said, I said I wanted the candle lit and some salt. Sat back down it arrived. End of Herman, he didn't come back. New waitress arrived and sweets of coffee, but by then we just wanted to go and a drink somewhere else. Another waiter (number 4) took the payment. To sum up, very disappointed, inattentive surly staff. This place needs lots of staff training with a meet and greet policy. Object being to make Diners experience enjoyable, it also lacks atmosphere. Would we call there again...........NO!

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I've been a few times.. Today I had dinner and some cocktails afterwards.. The staff was really nice, the dj was great with the soundtrack.. And the food and cocktails are simply unbelievable for its price.. Tasty, creative, local and international dishes and drinks..
Unmissable in Barcelona !!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We could not understand why this restaurant was highly rated.
We did not like the look of the place and we left without eating