“You get what you pay for”

No Limit Hostel Graffiti
Ranked #314 of 735 Specialty Lodging in Barcelona
Reviewed April 16, 2013

It's not a great place but the location is OK and there's no nasty surprises. It's reasonably clean, has a roof terrace and the bathrooms are fine. One of the members of staff was particularly nasty but the others were fine. If it's the cheapest place you can find and if you're on a budget, don't worry about staying here. If you can spare a little more cash, you might want to consider somewhere else.
One final warning, the place is pretty much impossible to find. It has no sign outside, just a small hostelworld sticker on the door. You ring a doorbell and they let you in, you go upstairs and it turns out you're in the right place.

Room Tip: If you move around a lot in your sleep, just check your bed as some of the top bunks don't have...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I wasn't all that impressed with this hostel, the room was not very good, it was very crowded, especially for 12 beds. Everything about the place seemed quite old and run down and this really effected the overall atmosphere. The staff were friendly but not all that helpful and the kitchen wasn't really of much use at all. Overall it was OK but in the end I decided to find alternative accommodation for the rest of my stay in Barcelona.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I went backpacking throughout Europe last summer for 6 weeks and probably stayed in about 12 hostels, and I can't deny that this was probably the worst. We stayed in an 8 bed dorm which had a sorry excuse for a bathroom in it. The bathroom basically consisted of a sink, toilet and shower head just sticking out of the wall in the corner. They had a half torn shower curtain which was of no use. So you basically showered in the middle of this nasty bathroom and get water everywhere. The room we stayed in had one tiny window that would only slightly crack open, so the room was deathly hot and unbearable. I would wake up covered in my own sweat every night. I'm not the only one who complained about this, as so did the other 7 people in the room. The entire place just seemed gross, humid and hot and the entire time we were there I just wanted to leave so bad. They have a couple small lockers that you can fit a laptop and misc. things in. The internet rarely worked and we had to have the receptionist restart the modem 5 times a day to get a couple minutes of internet. I also found a 3 inch cockroach in the bathroom the last night we were there which just put the icing on the cake. If I ever came back to Barcelona I would search for another hostel or fork out the money for a hotel or something, because this place pretty much ruined my time here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michael T
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This hostel was a nice surprise. I had very low expectations, and was pleasantly surprised at every turn. First of all, I got lost on my way to the hostel. But, the girl working at the desk gave me good directions over the phone to find my way there. Secondly, the shared room was wonderfully quiet for an early night of sleep after a long day travelling. Thirdly, there was absolutely no trouble checking in or checking out and it was very inexpensive. I would recommend this hostel to my friends.

Room Tip: The room I stayed in had bunk beds and was for 12 women. There may or may not have been other rooms...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Don't expect any frills: it's a hostel. If you pay nine euro (as I did) then don't expect the Ritz or a champagne reception on arrival! Everyone was cool and friendly, the bathroom facilities were quite basic and old - but clean - and so were the bedrooms. I saw the hostel being cleaned every day I was there.
When I was there, there was some construction work going on (there was no proper kitchen) and that is probably finished by now. But for sure, if you just want a cheap place to stay, this place is in a good location, it's fairly clean and it is very suitable just as a place to sleep and eat breakfast. It's one of the cheapest hostels in Barcelona, so don't expect too much.

One word of advice for the hostel staff and travellers: the hostel is RIDICULOUSLY difficult to find. There is no sign outside, and it looks like a regular house or apartment. Other than that, I have no complaints.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank tadhg86
Reviewed July 2, 2011

After booking a night, I was told that there were no rooms. As I could prove I did have a reservation, the guy in the reception went to sleep on a sofa, in order to let me sleep in a bed. Bathrooms were soooooo dirty that I had to go away without taking a shower. AFAIK, there's no breakfast included and the kitchen didn't look clean as well.
The place is horrible, but you can get some discount cards, valid in restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank vairegulaessamixaria
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Really hard to find, no atmosphere, poor facilities - the toilet was tiny and the shower was behind a curtain that opened onto the whole room, which had over 20 beds in! Using 'graffiti' as a theme was just an excuse for the mess!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo