We stayed here for three nights in April and were more than happy with this quaint hotel. As with all my bookings I research the area, transport, where to eat, locality to landmarks & places of interest to ensure that each stay works for me and my family.
I have to say that we didn't have a problem with the noise at all and we were near the church and could hear road noise with the windows/doors open but once closed we found it to be a quiet room. Maybe it doesn't help if you are unlucky and get noisy neighbours!
The staff were polite, helpful and spoke excellent English which helped as my Spanish is almost non-existent.
We loved the Avinguda Diagonal and Passeig De Gracia area, it was classy and not over-run with tourists; we prefer to be in the less populated areas as they can be claustrophobic. The bars, cafes and restaurants around were well priced and had an eclectic mix of people which we really enjoyed. Even in the true Spanish bars they were accommodating and helped us when making choices, we also found that the prices were very reasonable too so like others we didn't feel the need to pay the slightly pricey breakfast fee in the Hotel; but like most things it depends what works for you and the people we talked to in the Hotel said it was a very good breakfast.
We used the Metro and the Bus and really didn't mind the walk to the Metro as we set off in a morning, had Breakfast and then carried on but I have to say if you are able, walk as much as you can, it's very easy to get around and you see so much more.
The Free WiFi is great and worked well which meant we researched where to eat nearby each day; and added bonus.
We loved Barcelona and the Wilson Hotel and have already said we hope get back one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This stylish boutique hotel, refurbished in 2008, is located at the most central leafy Barcelona boulevard, Avinguda Diagonal, a convenient place for seeing all that the city has to offer. The hotel’s light and airy rooms all have contemporary, elegant decor. Extra comfort is provided by the nearby metro, train and tourist bus lines, making exploring the city easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Wilson Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wilson Boutique Barcelona
- Wilson Boutique Hotel Barcelona, Catalonia