We booked a week's stay at the Apsis Porta Marina based on the reviews on Tripadvisor and weren't disappointed.
We arrived pretty late in the evening after a late flight in and was warmly welcomed. We had a room on the 1st floor which was very spacious. Lovely large bathroom, an enormous bed, flat screen tv, 2 arm chairs, table and chairs, fridge, hair dryer ( not the best) and a small wardrobe with a few hangers. The storage space was the most disappointing thing, could have done with a chest of drawers and some more hangers.
Our room was cleaned every day with fresh clean towels provided daily too. When we asked for an iron, it was delivered quickly to our room and left for us to use throughout our stay.
Reception staff were very friendly and helpful, couldn't praise them high enough.
The hotel is very close to Marina metro stop ( 5 min walk), and closer to the Teatre Nacional tram stop. Top tip - bus 92 goes straight to Parc Guell.
The hotel is on the edge of a business district, the main businesses close by are a funeral directors, and other businesses associated with funerals. Don't let that put you off though.
On the downside it is also next door to student accommodation, which on occasion was very noisy in the middle of the night. But much quieter than being in the middle of the city.
It cost €30 for taxi ride from the airport to the hotel, however on our way back to the airport we used our T10 card and got all the way for one journey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern hotel and serviced apartment residence is located in Barcelona's trendy 22th business district and 3 Metro stops from Plaza Catalunya. Enjoy the sun and a few cocktails or appreciate a cultural performance at one of Spain's finest theatres. Access to the nightlife of the Olympic port's restaurants, cafes and lively bars is not far. A mere 15 minutes' walk from Barcelona's beaches and the Marina (Olympic village), as to the National Theatre and the Auditorium, are opposite. Our Restaurant features a full continental buffet offering both hot and cold fare. Along with breakfast, the Capri by Fraser offers both European and Spanish dishes at its restaurant serving lunch until 4.00 pm Monday through to Friday. In addition, room service is also available. The hotel has a 24-hour front desk with concierge services providing local information, theatre tickets, restaurant and sight-seeing recommendations and even car rental. Capri by Fraser offers spacious air-conditioned studios and apartments with 21-32" flat-screen TV offering multi-lingual channels, a living room with sofa and seating area with double-glazed windows. There is a kitchenette, desk, digital safe, and bathrooms are equipped with hairdryer and bathroom welcome amenities. In addition, the property offers free Wi-Fi to all guests both in the apartment as well as spacious lounge and a business centre. Private car parking is also available at the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Capri by Fraser Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apsis Porta Marina Barcelona
- Capri By Fraser Barcelona Catalonia