“great food served with warmth, and great value for money”
Review of Tandoor - MOVED

Tandoor
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Reviewed June 11, 2012

It s a small restaurant where the food is outstanding even for an Indian. The focus is on food quality which is prepared with best quality ingredients and is really tasty. No matter how busy they are with in house dinning or off site catering, the quality of food is not compromised at all. I can garuntee that everything is as fresh as it can be unlike many other restaurants abroad. I recently hosted an event where kababs were served and after the pre drinks the leftovers were binned right there, when someone requested that why weren"t they kept to be served at dinner time < the owner answered that they have to be eaten fresh and they cannot be re heated, as the taste will not be the same. I was most impressed.
The service standards are very high and personalised. If you are a fan of Indian food and want a balance taste (not too mild as sometimes catered to lacals) this is a place you must go to,
Poonam and Ivone Mother and son duo are working in the best interest of the clients always.
I can say it is one of the best meals I have had in terms of Indian food eaten off shore.

1  Thank BeaconMumbai

Reviewed January 12, 2012

Where I travel, I'm looking for Indian restaurants...my favourite food! In London this is easy in Barcelona it's a real challenge. Living in Barcelona I had to find the best Indian place to enjoy my Palak Paneer among other dishes. I've been to the Tandoor restaurant often over the last 5 years and thought I'd write a report on TripAdvisor, as to me this is the best option in Barcelona when looking for original Indian food. Especially I would recommend the vegetarian lunch menu they have, great value! Anyway you will not be disappointed, unlike the other writers on this page, really try and tell us all out here!!

4  Thank Frans C
Reviewed August 6, 2011

The food is not too bad, but the service is awful. We asked for a bottled beer, and they brought it warm and already opened. When we asked them to change it for a cold one, they said that we will be charged for the already opened one and the new one. Our friend asked them for a cold water several times, and they was keeping to forget to bring it.

And the worst was when we presented our credit card to pay, they refused to accept it, saying that the credit card machine was broken, thought it said on their front door that they accept all types of credit cards. It was late time to go to bank for cash, so the owner confiscated a credit card of our friend, telling, that we should come back tomorrow to pay. We tried to persuade him to return to us the credit card because he had no right to confiscate it. He got angry and almost pushed one of our friends, shouting that we were nobody, and he was the owner, so we should to shut up and go out or he would call to police. So we said him, that we would wait while the police arrive to resolve our conflict. So we sit down waiting, and within 15-20 minutes their credit card machine began “magically” to work again, so we were charged, and they returned to us the credit card.

Really it was the worst experience in my life going to an restaurant. Surely we would never return to this restaurant, and no one is suggested.

6  Thank Allenova
Reviewed January 6, 2010

There aren't many Indian restaurants in BCN and this was one of the first I found. It's OK enough but be aware that there are cosier and more charecteristic ones around. The inside looks like a canteen with a few Indian decorations smattered about, with very little atmosphere, and a waitress who looks like she wants to murder everyone. Super rude!

In terms of the food, it was nice and the portions were generous, and the prices are reasonable. You can also buy paneer cheese! It's a good place to go with groups and if charecter isn't important but if you're after a romantic dinner with your s/o I'd suggest going to another like Rani India (see my other reviews).

1  Thank Emma M
Reviewed April 11, 2009

My girlfriend loves this restaurant. I don't quite share her enthusiasm about it, but it's still quite a good Indian, it doesn't disappoint