“Worse meal ever”

Ranked #8,073 of 10,193 Restaurants in Barcelona
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: La Rambla
Reviewed September 18, 2012

One of the waiters was very pushy and almost insisted we have a starter. We just wanted cheese and jamon which was ridiculously expensive. The paella lacked taste (I could do better) and it cost 90 euros. One waiter did pack the remaining cheese and jamon for us nicely in tin foil and we had it the next day in a sandwich! I would avoid La Rambla for a meal in future!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We looked up and down the Ramblas for a reasonable priced meal for a family of 4, with food our kids would like. We selected this restaurant based on the fact that meals appeared to be a reasonable price, and the food was family friendly. Big mistake!!!

The food was average, at best. It filled a hole but nothing special.

We asked for the chocolate desert, as advertised, to be told they didn't have any and we were given a scrappy old menu with rubbish deserts. So we went without.

Service was rubbish - not at all attentive, and trying to get their attention for deserts and the bill was very difficult... At one point, I did suggest we get up to leave (without paying) and then we may get some attention.

I estimated it would be about 40 - 50 euros while my partner estimate 60... When we finally got our bill, it was 80 euros!!!! The beers we had (1 large glass each) were nearly £7 per pint!

The waiter and I had an exchange of words, but I could tell he didn't give a ****. That didn't stop me from complaining! He tried to make out that the glass contained over 3 pints. I laughed in his face, and told him how much is in a pint, and told him that there was less than 2 pints in the glass. Of course he knew - and I expect that was his standard reply to anyone who complained - expecting people to accept his rubbish.

Avoid this place at all costs! Save your money and find a much better place with better food, better service and much lower costs.

1  Thank Cressylock
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We had a couple of drinks at the terrace of La Zarzuela at the Ramblas. It's an excellent place to sit and to look at all kinds of people passing by. Street artists do their work and we enjoyed the scenery greatly. Good place to be, but keep in mind that the prices are not cheap. You pay for the sight, but it's worthwhile.

Reviewed December 6, 2011

While walking on La Rambla so we thought we would stop for some tapas and beer/wine. This place looked OK from the outside but kind o shabby when we entered. We had been seated already so decided to stay. This was the first mistake. The beer and wine were local and wa the best part of the experience. When the food was presented it was geasy and had a terrible taste. In fairness there was a little of something that was fine but overall, this was, by far, one of the worst restaurants I have ever eaten in.

At first I was concerned that we don't speak Spanish but I also observed the majority of the people appeared to be tourists. Maybe this can account for the poor service and sometimes rude behavior. Usually, I try to find a positive and in this case, maybe the cost of the meal, being $33 US made it not so bad.

1  Thank Live2travelCo
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Avoid this place like the plague...

Overpriced and when you complain they send in the heavies...

Was verbally abused when I questioned paying 20Euros for a beer and a coke..

Just avoid!!!