“Our event at melia sky”

Melia Barcelona Sky
Ranked #188 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have attended to our company meeting at Melia Sky and I must say that it was one of the best meetings that we ever had.
The sales department was brilliant, specially Elvira and Joan who were in constant contact and willing to keep up dating the dates and requirements during the event.
The rooms were perfect with fantastic views and with the staff willing to help at all times.
Would definitely recommend to other parts of my company and would also consider other melia hotels for future events.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
MeliaSky, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Melia Barcelona Sky, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Yvonne F:

That's a fantastic review!!

Thank you very much for sharing your recent Melia Barcelona Sky experience with the world.

We are thrilled to know that your meeting with us was successful and that we have exceeded your expectations.

We'll be looking forward to welcome you back again soon... hopefully next time only for leisure so you can enjoy our Melia experience in a different but still fantastic way.

Guest Experience Team

Write a ReviewReviews (2,632)

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I was here on a short trip, and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. The room was comfortable, the shower was divine, it all seemed very clean, and I had a good nights sleep in the bed, with lots of pillows (which is a big plus for me).I had a lovely view from my room towards the sea, and I was also able to see the pool area where a model was in the middle of a photo shoot. Very entertaining! I bought some prawns to take home and asked the hotel if they could supply me with a bag of ice- They packaged them up for me and I was delighted with the attentiveness of the staff, who seemed genuinely friendly and more than willing to assist in any way possible. I look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
MeliaSky, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Melia Barcelona Sky, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Dear wiltshire...:

First of all I would like to thank you for having taken a few moments of your valuable time to express your satisfaction about the services of our Hotel during your recent stay with us and for sharing it with the entire world.

We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed that much your experience with us and we will let our team know about your comments.

You should come back during the summer time when our "Le Pool" is one of the best places in Barcelona to have a tan and lots of fun... if not, the beach is just 10 minutes away.

As soon as you have plans to come back to Barcelona let our Guest Expericence Team know about it so we can prepare a new and even better Melia Barcelona Sky experience.

Looking forward to it!!!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

the location is very good. but the housekeeping sucks. no towels for shower in the room. cockroaches wandering around. how can you feel safe in this hotel. water pressure is very low when you want to have a warm shower.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
1  Thank travelguyck
MeliaSky, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Melia Barcelona Sky, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear travelguy...:

We are terribly sorry to read that your Melia Barcelona Sky Experience was far from what you expected. You can rest assure that we will follow up on your comments with our head departments.

Looking forward to welcome you back for a trouble-free Melia Barcelona Sky Experience!!!

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Just a weekend and highlight the amazing job from front office and Alfredo Martinez ( experience manager). Honestly, we'll come back. Highly recommendable. We stayed at the level and it was really worth. Yolanda very attentive. Good work!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
MeliaSky, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Melia Barcelona Sky, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Wekelee,

First of all I would like to thank you for having taken a few moments of your valuable time to express your satisfaction about the services of our Hotel during your recent stay with us.

At Melia Barcelona Sky our aim is to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is most inspiring for all members of our team, to know that we succeeded in our effort. Your delightful comments will indeed be passed on to our team and I am sure that specially Alfredo will be thrilled to know that his service was highly appreciated.

I would like to thank you again for your incredible feedback, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Melia Barcelona Sky in the near future,

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We liked this hotel. It was very modern & cool. There was even a DJ in the lobby Saturday night near the bar. Our room was awesome & the view was amazing. We thought the automatic blinds and towel warmer was a nice touch. We did the double-decker tour & there's a bus stop 10 minute walk away.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tbug731
MeliaSky, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Melia Barcelona Sky, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dear Tbug731,

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I booked this hotel as part of a surprise trip to Barcelona for my partner’s birthday and panicked when I saw some of the bad reviews of this hotel.

The bad reviews caused me unnecessary stress before arriving at the hotel but once we had arrived all that stress was relieved.

We were dealt with by Sergio a welcoming and friendly member of staff in the level lounge check in. You get private check in when you book an executive room. My partner sat down with some free drink and food whilst I checked us in.

Our room was gorgeous! Views of the sea and floor to ceiling windows to get the full benefit. There was a beautiful message written to my partner on our bathroom mirror which really made my partner smile.

We went to the level lounge in the evening where we drank and ate for free - this is also part of the executive experience. Lovely tapas and any alcohol you can think of including champagne.

When we returned to our room a free bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries were waiting for us. What a lovely end to a beautiful day.

Thank you Melia for such a wonderful stay and making my partners birthday extra special.

A note to add is that the breakfast buffet could do with improving as the food doesn't match the standards of the hotel. There should be a better system in place for teas and coffees as we didn't get our drinks until after our breakfast. To any future guests please know that the breakfast is still lovely (maybe 3 star) and you can grab orange juice whilst you wait for tea and coffee.

Room Tip: Book executive suite.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
MeliaSky, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Melia Barcelona Sky, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear directing...,

At Melia Barcelona Sky our aim is to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is most inspiring for all members of our team, to know that we succeeded in our effort. Your delightful comments will indeed be passed on to our team and I am sure that specially Sergio will be thrilled to know that his service was highly appreciated.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Hotel views and service were amazing! We stayed in The Level, and although I am glad we paid extra for it, the rooms were a little tired. not quite what I would expect from 5*. The Level staff were wonderfully helpful and friendly, although the buffet took a little while to be replenished. The Spa was a bit of a disappointment due to staff friendliness and helpfulness, which for us let the experience down. But overall this is a lovely hotel and should definately be an option, if for the views alone!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Thank you for your constructive review 12KMS!

We are terribly sorry to read that we have not exceeded your expectations and we would like to apologise for the inconveniences that we may caused to you during your visit. You can rest assure that we will follow up on your comments to ensure that such incidents do not repeat in the future.

On a more pleasant note I sincerely hope that the incidents occurred throughout your stay at Melia Barcelona Sky do not prevent you from returning in the future. It would be a great pleasure for you to allow us to demonstrate what would be Melia Barcelona Sky’s normal, yet exceptional service.

For any future reservations simply contact with our Guest Experience Team directly and we will take care of all the special details.

Looking forward to welcome you back!!