Friends and I went to stay in Barcelona for 3 nights arriving 5th May. On our arrival the first impression of what was advertised as a 5* hotel, was quite sad. Reception area totally uninviting and not that of one rated 5*. The first greeting was a smell of what can only be described as a dirty dish cloth. This smell continued into the elevator and then into our room, which had silver fish in the bathroom. Nice!
The link for the hotel described rooms as having tea and coffee facilities, bath robes and so on. On inspection our room had none of these. I asked reception why I had no coffee and tea facilities and was promptly told that this was only applicable to certain rooms. However, if I wished to have them, I could at a charge. Once expressing my dismay, and the condition of my room I was given the facility. The hotel is not handy for the city centre, so we had to result in catching taxi's to and thro. All in all loved city. Hated hotel. Wont be going back. Reminded me of a Madams Boudoir.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Architecture that staircases the sky; a beacon watching over an energetic cityscape-ME Barcelona Hotel offers a new interpretation to contemporary design, international cuisine, and the urban experience; fusing personal and professional into one emblematic hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Melia Barcelona Sky reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Me Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Sol Melia Barcelona
- Me Hotel Barcelona
- Melia Barcelona Sky Catalonia