I stayed at ME recently on business and the first thing that struck me, possibly unfairly, was the smell. I don't know if they are sponsored by Glade but it was rather over whelming. Aside from that, I couldn't fault my stay. The staff was perfectly friendly and willing to assist, and many spoke very good English which helped as my Spanish is poor to put it nicely. I sampled some of the bar food, mainly the club sandwich and the potatas bravas. It was refreshing to see the hotel twist the presentation of the food and try to make it more personal to the hotel, in addition to it tasting lovely. A downside is the cost of drinks. If you are going for bottled beer, you would expect 4 Euros, but I wasn't expecting 10 Euros for a vodka and coke.
The room is also quirky, with a clear window between the bathroom and bedroom, and the shower sharing a door with the cupboard. The various lighting in the room was also superb, and the little things such as plug sockets on the bedside table made the practicality of the room much better than many I have stayed in. The bed as well was one of the most comfortable I have slept in.
We did have a preferential rate at the hotel but the taxes on top inflated the nightly cost somewhat (it went from 140 euros per night to 154), so it is quite expensive. It is close to the metro line, and it takes 15 minutes to get into Barcelona centre that way. Taxi costs around 15 euros, and luckily the taxi rank is right outside. It's also around 35 euros taxi from the airport.
The communial floors are very impressive too with an outdoor pool (NOT heated, don't make the mistake of jumping in during January!!) and lounge area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Architecture that staircases the sky; a beacon watching over an energetic cityscape-ME Barcelona Hotel offers a new interpretation to contemporary design, international cuisine, and the urban experience; fusing personal and professional into one emblematic hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Melia Barcelona Sky reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Me Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Sol Melia Barcelona
- Me Hotel Barcelona
- Melia Barcelona Sky Catalonia