Melia Barcelona Sky
$208
$123
$116
  • Pool
Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona(Barcelona)
$373
$225
$182
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
$149
$138
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
2,719 results
All reviewslevel loungedos cielossea viewmichelin star restaurantfloor to ceiling windowsminute walk to the beachtrendy hotelmetro stationpublic transporttapassagrada familiala ramblapoblenoucityeurostaxisramblas
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have just returned from a five night stay at ME Barcelona. This is a great hotel in good location only a 15 minute walk to the beach & short cab/metro ride from main area of Las Ramblas. The beds are so comfortable & the sea view rooms really do provide great views, well worth paying a little extra for. The rooms have a control panel in the wall which opens & closes curtains from your bed. Genius!! The pool area is very nice also. The rooms have Aveda products & a sound dock for your music, obviously not essential but I thought this was a nice touch. The staff were all very friendly & helpful & the breakfast buffet offered a large variety of hot & cold items. The only things to prevent me giving this hotel excellent rating is that it was just a little rough around the edges, tatty flooring in the bedrooms & reception, dents in bedroom furniture & the shower dripped out water & was really small. However these factors would not prevent me from staying here again & I would definitely recommend to friends!!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
MEbarcelona, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Barcelona Sky, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

First of all I would like to thank you for having taken a few moments of your valuable time to express your satisfaction about the services of our Hotel during your recent stay with us.

At ME Barcelona Hotel our aim is to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is most inspiring for all members of our team, to know that we succeeded in our effort. Reviews like yours stimulate us to improve our services every day.

Thanking you again for your time and your comments, and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed at the end on August 2012, we were given a nice city/sea view room booked on last minute.com. It was a lovely hotel, I was worried after reading former reviews about the staff ect however, I have come to realise that you can't please everyone.

The staff were very polite and helpful, the breakfast was a good variety and filled us both us, my bf used the gym,i Went to the pool area which was not overcrowded, the metro is a 5 min walk and easy to navigate. We loved this hotel and Barcelona in general it's not the Ritz but then again how many places are. We were even given a recommendation for a restaurant near by and received free champagne on arrival once we showed our hotel card. All in all a good trip no major complaints. The hall way to the lift had a very damp smell which can be ignored as you wouldn't be waiting for the lift for more than 2 mins.

Room Tip: City/Sea view high floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

I would however like to make a comment regarding the odour; we are extremely aware of the problem and have our maintenance team and external professionals working on the issue.

Please contact our Experience department when you know the dates of your next visit so we can surprise you again with a different and even better ME Experience!!!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed here for business and the hotel offers good rooms, very modern decorated and most important a good bed and nice shower. Good facilities and well located. Only watch out is the electronics in your room. It takes a bit of time to figure out what button to push to dim the light without opening your curtains......!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Warm Regards.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I wanted to send a birthday present to my friend during his stay, The hotel management was very kind, and just by calling them they send more than expected. I very much respect their hospitality and kindness.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Please contact our Experience department next year for his birthday again so we can surprise you both again with a different and even better ME Experience!!!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed at the ME with a larger group from work for several days during a conference. Our company even arranged the conference dinner at the hotel. Booking arrangements were made long time in advance.

The staff mixed and messed up most reservations. Our organizing committee received no-show messages even after the very people had stayed at the hotel for 2 days already. We never heard an apology but instead were met with a kind of arrogance that you can happily live without paying 250 Euro a day.

You have to like the style of this hotel. It certainly has a kind of industrial, post-modern style but not my kind of thing. The hotel bar in the lobby is overpriced and has slow service, so give it a miss. Breakfast is good but the atmosphere is everything but inviting, especially the slow and unfriendly service. The rooms were rather small and the funny smell that hit me stepping out the elevator followed me inside. Although the rooms have their style, the applied materials in the bathroom show notable wear and tear.

Given the room rate, you certainly would expect better service and facilities. All you get is a bed for the night - something I am sure you may get elsewhere cheaper and better. I'm glad it was a company trip because I am certainly not taking my loved one(s) there.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DudeDudeson

First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to comment on our hotel and the services rendered during your last stay at Me Barcelona. Critical yet constructive feedback like yours only helps us to continuously improve on our errors and ensure that such incidents do not repeat in the future.

Therefore I would like to sincerely apologise for all the inconveniences caused throughout your stay. You can rest assure that I am following up on your comments with our department heads.

On a more pleasant note I sincerely hope that the incident occurred throughout your stay at Me Barcelona does not prevent you from returning in the future, we would love to welcome you back so we can demonstrate what would be our normal yet exceptional service.

Aura Exerience Team