We asked for an extra set of keys as we were two couples and one single person. We didn’t get anywhere. Two sets of keys for 5 (let alone 8) people just aren’t enough.
The apartment door lock is damaged and the key doesn’t fit all the way in. It takes a skill to unlock and open the door. The door can be locked from the outside, but the lock does not work from the inside, although there is a sign warning guests to lock the door at night. One of us left and locked the door, and the rest of us got locked in and couldn’t get out. This is not only annoying, but also a major safety issue in case of emergency, such as fire. Safety is questionable.
There are three air conditioning units, one in every bedroom, but 5 to 10 seconds after you switch one of them on, the circuit breaker trips and shuts the power off in the apartment. When we complained to the reception at B&B they’ve replied “aren’t there any fans?” The point is we booked a hotel with AC in Spain in August! There were two fans in the whole flat, one of which was so weak, it hardly blew any air. We had to go buy fans to stay cool. A repairman was supposed to come by, but never had, although at the B&B they’ve told us he did. Someone’s lying? After a lot of complaining we asked for a reimbursement and got around 15% of initial payment back.
WiFi kept cutting out every few minutes, constantly.
Fridge was too small, maybe enough for one or two people, not enough space to keep cold drinks or food in hot August for 5-8 people!
Noisy, with no AC we needed to keep the windows/doors open. The street is a busy one way street with a lot of noisy traffic throughout the night.
General condition of the flat looks run down, the walls are filthy, not only around the switches, but all over. The entire look of the flat and floors is grubby. The sofa bed is covered with stains. The shower head in one bathroom doesn’t stay put. Bathroom has mouldy corners.
One day before our check-out, a cleaning lady let herself in at 11 AM and told us that check out was at 11. When we told her our check-out wasn’t until the next day she looked surprised. I mean… what if we were intimate?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated by Plaza Urquinaona and Las Ramblas, these spacious apartments have 3 double rooms, 2 bathrooms, air conditioning and kitchen making them perfect for families and groups of frinds that want to be in one of the most central places you can stay in Barcelona, right next to Plaza Catalunya.At Las Ramblas Apartments III we have apartments with 2 and 3 bedrooms, all of which have two bathrooms, a fully equipped kitchen and a big living rooms with a wide sofa bed which can sleep 2 people very comfortably. All apartments have central heating and Air Conditioning and free WIFI.SECURITY: All the common areas of the building have security cameras that are monitored and recorded 24 hours a day. Also the building has access control in all of the entrances to avoid any type of problems. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Las Ramblas Apartments III reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Ramblas Apartments Iii Hotel Barcelona
- Las Ramblas Apartments III Barcelona, Catalonia