“One of the best meals I've ever had.”
Review of Bohemic

Bohemic
Ranked #2,198 of 9,510 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: El Raval
Description: Miniaturas gastronomicas en un ambiente de BistroGastronomic miniatures in a Bistro atmosphere
Walnut Creek, California
“One of the best meals I've ever had.”
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

If you're in Barcelona, find time to eat here. The food is imaginative and delicious. We had the tasting menu and each course was a delight. Fabulous!

2 Thank Babspen

Tulsa
“Possibly the best meal ever”
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I decided to try Bohemic due to the great reviews. We did the Chef Choice tapas and that was an inspired choice. The tapas were imaginative, complex and amazing. Chef Frank came out at the end of almost three hours of entertaining us with his culinary talent and we were thrilled to be able to thank and congratulate him in person. I'm not a culinary student so I won't even try to describe what all we are. Suffice it to say it was the best food we have ever eaten. Seriously.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Restaurant”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

First Impressions.
When I first arrived at the restaurant I thought the taxi driver had misunderstood my language translation and just dropper me off in a back street. My Spanish is not that good, however, I was a little early and decided to try a drink outside and if things didn’t look to good at least I would be suitably refreshed. I was politely greeted by the owner/partner, Jon, and he confirmed my reservation, so there was no going back now. After drinks we entered the restaurant and I was pleasantly surprised, This was a typical Spanish tapas bar with a little posh twist, the tables were laid with white tablecloths and silver cutlery.

The Food & Service.
The menu was in Spanish however Jon walked us through the entire menu (in English) and recommended some of his favorite dishes and he recommended a bottle of Pruno, a very tasty local red wine that was delicious. We Started with Patatas Bravas with a sour cream & a beef reduction. This was followed by an amuse bouche of yoghurt and herbs (He called it Sour Cow) and it was delicious. Our mains were recommended and we chose the same dish “ El costellam de porc de sagas enfangat I cuit 48 hores” (Slow cooked Pork Ribs with a side of garlic oil ). These were the best ribs I have ever tasted anywhere in the world, simply delicious. The portion size was adequate with the richness of the food and deserts were calling. We choose the Crema Catalana and “Minestra de fruits vermells crema alglesa, financier de festucs I matisos balsamic” A selection of four deserts that were simple divine. I could not resist finishing off the evening with a small cheese board and a glass of sherry. Every course was outstanding and Jon was a superb host who kindly explained every course and attended to all our requests with a smile and a great sense of humor.

Overall
This small privately run restaurant was one of the culinary highlights for me in Barcelona, fabulous food, outstanding friendly service in a quaint back street restaurant. When I return to Barcelona this will be my first choice as it stood out from every restaurant I dined in during this stay.

Service- 9/10
The Food- 9/10
Value for Money - 10/10. The meal cost £80.00 for food & wine
My Verdict- 9/10

Would I recommend ? Yes– Would I return ? – Yes

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank thehungrybutcher
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great place for Tapas - Highly recommended”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The food was delicious and very reasonably priced. We had several tapas plates rather than entrees and would recommend this. We went to Bohemic on a rainy Friday night without reservations only to find the restaurant was fully booked for the entire night. As we stood by the bar looking forlorn the waitress suggested we could sit outside. We were happy to sit outside but for the rain. The staff promptly rolled out the awning, set out tables and chairs and we had a lovely spot in front of the restaurant protected from the rain.

• Visited October 2012
“Fresh take on Catalan traditions”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The owner/chef walked us through the entire menu (in English) and put together a meal of eight different items plus two wines (by the glass) and the entire bill for two was 85 euros. Amazing. If he is still making the gnocchi, get it. Melt in your mouth pleasure. Never tasted anything like it.

Visited August 2012