“Amazing”

Caj Chai
Ranked #24 of 145 Coffee & Tea in Barcelona
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was a nice little place and looks nothing special on the inside or the outside. It is a little hard to find even but their selection of teas is beyond amazing. The service was also excellent and the prices were decent. If you are a tea lover or just looking to relax after a long day of walking and sightseeing, this is the place to go.

There are newer reviews for Caj Chai

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This quaint teahouse is a treasure of a find. Located in the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona, it is small, yet packs a large punch of flavor with its large selection of world teas. I stumbled upon this little charm quite by accident on my second trip to Barcelona in summer 2011. I decided to grab a cool iced Chai Tea latte to beat the Spanish heat, and I was blown away by the richness of the flavors and the creaminess of the latte. I am a huge fan of Chai Tea, and have tried it all over the world (at least, where I have travelled) and, to this day, Caj Chai Teahouse still has the best iced chai tea latte I have ever had. I was very excited to return to Barcelona this past weekend, and the main goal on my list of things to do was to find this Tea house. So glad I was able to! Definitely take a break during your day (every day!) and grab a hot or cold tea here. SO fabulous! And, I had the pleasure of speaking with the owners, and they are are wonderful, sweet people.

1  Thank Laura P
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I'm not sure this should be listed under restaurants, as it doesn't have much of a food menu, although the brownie was REALLY good.

But what a great little oasis amongst the surrounding tourist craziness. Somewhat slow service but nice, calm interior and a ridiculous selection of teas... so many, it makes it very difficult to choose. However, that's a problem that you really can't complain about.

I had an Oolong, while my wife had a White tea, and both were different but equally good.

Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and i are fanatic tea drinkers :) so when i found this place from our guide book i was really happy but worried if it was as good as told in the book. Luckily and happily it was better than it was described. We went there three or four times. There were many types of tea from all around the world (Thai, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Turkish, Morocco etc.) and also they had their own mixtures (i fell in love with "fall in love"). Miss Cruz was very polite, helpful and patient while she was describing the way you should prepare and drink your choice of tea. Besides that prices on menu were included 2 and maybe plus 1/2 cups of tea because they served with thermoss bottle. we did not tried deserts but they seemed daily and fresh. But the place was very very crowded during all weekend, you should prefer to go during the week days or choose the take away option (and of course you can wait :)). I really recommend this place if you like/love tea! (They also have a facebook page.)

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I was reading a lot of reviews about that tea place and finally I tried it by myself.I really enjoy of quality of tea and there so many different types so for sure you will find something you like.Also the waitress showed us a ceremony of making a tea.I would recommend that place to tea lovers;)