Hotel Acta City47
Hotel Claris(Barcelona)
$225
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona(Barcelona)
$377
  • Breakfast included
Catalonia Portal de l'Angel(Barcelona)
$194
$141
$133
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
$150
$140
Torre Catalunya
  • Restaurant
All reviewssants stationmini roomnice hotelmain stationminute walkreception areanice roomnou campeasy accessfree wifirecommend this hotelbusiness tripair conshort staybreakfast buffetwalking distancestayed for nights
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Can't really think of anything bad to say about this hotel. I stayed with 2 friends, we each had a single room - I was in 100, 104 and 111 which we booked through Expedia. 104 was slightly smaller than the other two but all had plenty of space, nice bathrooms and were very clean. Staff were very friendly and efficient - very good English. Only downsides which have been mentioned before were patchy internet and no coffee/tea facility in the room - that would be a nice improvement. The hotel seemed busy but it was very quite - so was the neighbourhood.
We used the "Bus Turistic" for 2 days - an excellent way to see all of the sights and a convenient means of transport. Its 26 EURO for one day and if you decide to have the 2nd day its an additional 8 euro. Nearest stop is Sants Barcelona station which is a 5minute walk from the hotel. Metro and nice breakfast/bakery very close - also several grocers and a Carrefour. Did not have breakfast at the hotel. Found taxis very safe, easy and cheap for 3 of us.
In my view la rambla is nothing to rave about, a bit seedy at night. We also saw La Pedrera, Park Gueill, Mnac, Port Vell, Olympic Anella, Gracia - all wonderful. May/June is a nice time to visit the city temperature-wise - very pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We cam to this hotel for a much needed break. For a four star hotel,it is okay but there were a few issues. As usual, I'll get to the point and list the pluses and minuses.

Positives:

Good location - short subway trip into the city, close to a decent shopping mall.
Lovely professional staff
Decent rooms, although a little on the small side however we moved into a triple room ( see negatives for the reason why )
Clean and well presented
Wi fi free, however it is not fantastic connection.

Negatives

Not the hotels fault but it is very close to a nursery so I'd avoid if you don't like waking up to screaming brats.
Very very thin walls. We had to move because we could hear everything some especially noisy people next door to us were doing, including very loud Skype calls in the middle of the night, presumably to their kid.
The breakfast is pretty sub standard. Not worth ten euros, pretty simplistic and no skimmed milk.
The gym is akin to a torture chamber, tiny little room with no windows. Very cheap equipment. I imagine only those who really need their exercise fix could handle it. I doubt it gets used much aside from hardcore fanatics.
No coffee making facilities in the room - this was a great disappointment.

So all in all as much as the staff were great I'd go somewhere else next time. It certainly wasn't hotel Transylvania, but I imagine there are better establishments.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Billie M
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed at medium hotel for 5 nights with my sister and mother. It was a nice stay and the hotel was good. Good service, clean room, good location but the wifi was very bad... I will choose the same hotel next time!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Eliane O
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I travelled to Barcelona for one day to watch FC Barcelona game.
I stayed in a single room (it actually was a single room, wiht single bed). It was small but comfortable since I only actually slept in the hotel. The bathroom was also normal size although the toilet and the low sink were in front of the bathtub and it was quite weird to get in the bathtub.
Starting with the positive things about the hotel. I must admit the room was very clean and comfortable (stayed in a single room), the hotel is within walking distance (200m) to the Sants Metro and Train Station. Also the hallways were freshly painted meaning that the hotel was going a renewal. The negatives, first of all the price for a single room. It was quite high compared to other hotels I have stayed in the nearby (Sants) area. I am sure that the other hotels at the same time had higher prices, and I can now explain why. If you plan to stay in this area there are better hotels but not always with the best price. Secondly, the breakfast was poor. There was not a lot of products to choose from and there was only one waiter which he couldnt handle everything. When I came down for breakfast most of the food were finishing and nobody filled up the empty plates. And lastly, there is no room service or food at the hotel after midday. The restaurant closes after 3pm and if you want to eat something after that time you have to leave the hotel. It is the first time I find this kind of a situation in a 4-star hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank arekwarzycha
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel is well placed, not far from the metro which makes exploring Barcelona very easy. It is well decorated, small and 'tidy'. There is a small restaurant attached with served breakfast - disappointingly there is no bar and no way of getting even a drink of water in the hotel once this is closed. It closes just after lunchtime 3ish. The rooms are very clean but small - there is a small fridge (mini bar) in your room but not much choice within. There is no facitilty to make a hot drink - coffee - in the room or anywhere to order one. There are no ironing facilities. The salon is great for relaxing in the evening however there is no facility to get tea/coffee/water/beer/snacks.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family