“Best naughty breakfast ever”
Review of Bubo Born

Bubo Born
Ranked #28 of 219 Dessert in Barcelona
Cuisines: Cafe, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: El Born / La Ribera
Newcastle
“Best naughty breakfast ever”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I think I might have visited Bubo’s 4 times during our 7 day stay! Partly because I am a cake person but mainly because of the hot chocolate and custard chucho (think croissant/donut combo, filled with vanilla laden custard, fried and covered in sugar). UNBELIEVABLY GOOD! This has become my favourite breakfast of all time, the hot chocolate was so thick it would barely tip out of the cup and the chucho was just amazing. If I ever go back to Barca I will be eating this for breakfast every day and I will be making it my life’s mission to make chuchos myself. Husband had muesli and yoghurt (lightweight) which was good quality and I sampled a couple of cakes, which were pretty good, but not as good as they looked. We ate tapas at Bubo one evening – cheeseboard was good, chicken/pork skewers were tasteless. But who cares about slightly bland tapas when pastries are as good as this. Best place ever and lovely service from the guy on the terrace.

Visited June 2013

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Good Food and Good Service and a Fine Location”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Enjoyed our Tapas for dinner and they were very nice to us. We went with a 16 prix fix and the food was enough if your are not a big eater. I thought the food was very tasty and was a good value. Understand like most places tourist visit there is a bit of a touristy feel to the restaurant but I wasn't disappointed in the experience

• Visited June 2013
Guilford, Connecticut
“the pastries are works of art”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was right around the corner from our B&B. We were attracted by the beautiful pastries. My husband is a chef and he was also very taken with the beauty of these little individual cakes. We decided to come back later for dinner specifically to try these beautiful works of art. We each had a different cake and they were as good as they were good to look at. I loved all of Barcelona, but these really made a very lasting impression on all of us. Still wondering how they do that bright orange metallic icing/glaze!

Visited June 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Fancy take on tapas”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

After enjoying the local tapas, we decided to try Bubo for lunch. They had a prix fixe for 16 euros per person that includes patatas bravas, meats, cheese, a cool take on pan con tomate, tortilla espanola and a BEAUTIFUL cake (one per person.) Everything was very delicious and a different take on tapas.

• Visited June 2013
Taipei, Taiwan
“Special tapas”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The tapas is a little different with traditional. The service is just great and food is amazing. The dessert is also good.

• Visited September 2012