“Tourist trap!”

Casa de Tapas Canota
Reserve with
Casa de Tapas Canota is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #480 of 10,193 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montjuic
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

This place is like the Walt Disney world or Olive Garden of Tapas! Not good! Patatas Bravas had boiled potatoes?! Wrong! Should be fried! Anchovie was good. Croquote was nothing special. Bread was dried out! Not good. The green peppers were good. Roasted and tasty. Tuna empanada nothing great, and the beef medalion tirned out to be some kind of pasta with beef in it. There are lots of fake garlic and vines hanging on the ceiling and cartoon drawings on the outside. Menu in english. This placw definitley caters to tourists. Much better places out there. Id skip this one.

1  Thank Rizker
Write a ReviewReviews (1,249)

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This was really convenient for us as we are staying at the Fira palace pretty much next door. But I would travel to go here. The decor feels very traditional in my opinion and the experience was great fun. Very clever menus, and lots of choice. The food was superb every single dish, and the service was excellent. Would highly recommend going here.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Brought here by a tipsy old man that picked us up in front of an overbooked restaurant, when I got in the place I realised I already heard about it from a friend leaving in Barcelona. Needless to say that my expectations were fairly high, both for the notorious owners of the place and for the opinion I was given by the local friend. Unfortunately the food was average, heavy and grease and we struggle to finish the 5 fairly bland tapas we selected.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I felt like I was sitting in a preschool classroom having dinner. It was odd and the decor was actually a disservice to the food. The service was great. The octopus was a probably the best we had in Barcelona. The little ice cream cones for dessert were adorable and delicious.
Now they just need to redecorate that elementary school mess.

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Bumped in this restaurant by chance, while looking for Palau Nacional. Had a great time and excellent lunch. Was very impressed by the broth rice with crab delucious. Good tapas as well, excellent service.