3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com$107
Priceline$106
Expedia.com$107
eDreams$106
Orbitz.com$107
travelup.com$130
4,881 results
All reviews rooftop bar la rambla great hotel modern hotel small pool top floor city break ramblas privacy toilet neighborhood curtains cava mirror metro taxis cafes
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2016

I stayed here for a short-break with a friend. The hotel has modern decor and the staff were incredibly helpful. The room was comfortable although the layout is unusual, the bathroom is part of the bedroom with the shower and wash basin forming a 'barrier' to the bathroom area (the shower does have an opaque glass wall to the bedroom so not quite all revealing!) and the toilet is behind a sliding mirrored door. The hotel is circular and the rooftop bar has stunning views across the whole of the city (360 degree views). There is a tiny 'pool' which is not big enough for swimming. I would certainly stay again.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank ShellyKayA
barceloraval, DM at Barcelo Raval, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2016

Dear guest,
Thank you for your feedback about your stay in Barceló Raval. Your opinion allows us to improve our service on daily basis.

We are happy you enjoyed your stay in Barcelona and look forward to welcome you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 3, 2016

I really didn't know what to expect when I booked to stay at the Barcelo Raval but was pleased that I did. The hotel is situated about an 8 minute walk from the busy Las Ramblas at the end closest to Playa de Catalunya. This is really convenient also for the Port area and metro links to elsewhere. Check in was smooth enough, although the check in area was quite cramped and there was little order to who was next in line. My room was pretty clean and well appointed, with coffee making facilities (couldn't find any tea though!,) a safe, TV and comfortable chair. The bed was really comfortable, leading to a great nights sleep. I personally liked the open plan bathroom, divided from the bedroom by glass partitions as I stayed on my own but I guess this would not be everyone's cup of tea. Overall the room had a modern, unique feel which I really liked.

The hotel itself was quite quiet, with little or no noise coming from other guests but the road outside it quite noisy so I would definitely ask for a room on the rear side of the hotel.

The best feature of this hotel has to be the panoramic terrace bar on level 11. It was beautiful to sit out in the warm evenings as the sun went down to have a drink and to look at the stunning views across Barcelona. Don't be fooled by the promise of a swimming pool though - it approximately 5m long and 1.5m wide - no swimming but could be great for paddling.

Overall, this is a great hotel, well situated for all the main places in Barcelona and a brilliant base for exploring this great city. Well done Barcelo

Date of stay: September 2016

Dear guest,
Thank you for your positive feedback about Barceló Raval. Your opinion is very important for us.

We are delighted that the location and facilities of the room were so convenient for you.

Looking forward to welcome you again,

Reviewed September 2, 2016

Great hotel in a good location ,helpful staff , unusual décor good value for money ,would come again and would recommend to friends, best bed ever I've ever slept in ,great breakfast ,could be a package to include breaks at the hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts

Dear guest,
Thank you for your positive feedback about Barceló Raval. We are really happy you had such a nice stay enjoying our facilities and services.
Looking forward to welcome you again,

Reviewed September 2, 2016

I have visited Barcelona several times over the past 13 years, so I know the City well, but this was my first stay at the Barcelo Raval and in the Raval neighbourhood. Both my partner and I were very much looking forward to our stay, but I am sorry to say that we were disappointed with the hotel on many levels, which is a great shame because it is extremely stylish and a brave architectural statement for the Raval area. Firstly, the lay out of the rooms is impractical, there is little privacy and it is very difficult for two people to get dressed at the same time. The windows don't open, which I found uncomfortable, due to needing the air conditioning on all the time and the plug sockets are in odd places. The bed was huge and very comfortable, there was a pillow menu too, which is a nice touch and you can have your choice of fragrance sprayed in the room when it's made up each day. The views of the City were also great, from both our room and the room terrace, but the pool and sun deck are tiny and we were unable to get near either for the duration of our stay. Breakfast was good, there was lots of choice, but few alternatives for those with food allergies. The staff were helpful, but not particularly warm or friendly, speaking only when asked a question or greeted by us first. The Raval neighbourhood is near to Las Ramblas and Port Vell, but it did feel slightly unsafe at night, so the hotel may not be the best choice for inexperienced or solo travellers. If you love your design, and are an experienced traveller who wants to stay somewhere super stylish, then the hotel would work well for you. We found the hotel to be Style over function, which wasn't right for us, but drinks on the roof terrace after dinner was an unforgettable experience.

Room tip: Rooms on the higher floors have better views.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience about Barceló Raval. Your opinion is important for us as we take it into account to keep improving on daily basis.

We are happy you enjoyed the roof top so much and hope to welcome you again during your next stay in Barceló Raval.

Reviewed September 2, 2016

The Barceló is a montage of extremes, a modern chic Oasis in the middle of graffiti lined streets. The hotel has a small but expensively outfitted gym, yet the front desk had never heard of FedEx. The roof top views are magnificent yet the shower design causes a flood automatically. Rooms are ready at 14:00, cleaned to perfection, yet cleaning happens so late in the day for rooms with guests that it can conflict with the time one returns from touring. Staff are friendly and provide excellent dining suggestions although many inexpensive alternatives are also good. The internet worked quite well, but Netflix films had interruptions. In conclusion, Barceló is a great place for the young and carefree, who want a hotel rather than a pension, but it has the potential to be much better,more like an Aloft.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for posting your opinion about Barceló Raval. Your feedback is important for us and we do take it into account to keep improving on daily basis.
Hopefully we can welcome you the next time you visit Barcelona.