“Food&Water Prices”

Barcelo Raval
Ranked #104 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 12, 2011

My wife and I stayed in this hotel 7th to 10th nov,this was our second stay at this hotel.the hotel is very comfortable and very central,the rooms are lovely and clean, our room was on the 9th floor,also the staff were very nice.However a bottle of water in our room was 6euro,There is worse to follow, breakfast at 25euro is outrageous we cannot afford these prices as we are pensioners maybe these prices are ok for business people but not for us what a great pity.We went out to have breakfast.One last thing getting out of the bath in my opinion is very dangerous,this could easily be remedied by fixing a handrail.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Barcelo Raval

Reviewed November 4, 2011

we stayed there for the extended weekend with a friend. rooms might look a bit unusual, especially the shower))) but generally hotel is very beautiful. rooftop view is fantastic. very helpful and polite stuff. i would love the room to be a bit bigger in space, but it did not spoil my overall impression. Also, would recommend to try food from the hotel restaurant - it was really great. good selection of cocktails in the bar.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Geichenko
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Hi Again :)

This was my first trip to Barcelona. I took my daughter of 9yrs to Barcelona so we could both immerse ourselves in its beautiful architecture.

I had been given all the usual scare stories about pick-pockets. And bought a security wallet and took clothing that would not make me look like a tourist ( At least and expensive one!). However, on arrival the place was full of people looking like tourists, carrying Loui bags and nice cloths :( I actually felt a little undressed.

I did the usual search on TA to find the hotel with the best reviews within our budget. We both chose the Barcelo Raval because it 1) looked so different 2) close to La Rambla 3) price via Ebookers was unbeatable. On arrival the hotel was just as it looked on the internet. The best part was the 360 degree views from the top of the hotel, with a glass balcony showing images of the sights you should see if you look in a certain direction. My daughter and I loved the querkyness of the hotel. The reception staff and the cleaners were all very helpful and pleasant. The catering staff was different. Day 1 & 2 we had breakfast and a lovely man said we could sit anywhere and my daughter was f.o.c. This was great because neither of us eat a lot in the morning and 18Euros per adult is a lot :). The table staff were not very pleasant and welcoming, they just seemed to ignore you and clear tables. Day 3 the lovely man had gone and was replaced by a lady who told me that I had to pay full price for my daughters breakfast. When I told her that she couldn't do that given we had been charged a different price for the past 2 days, she became very loud and angry and refused to calm down. She was making such a seen, but on principle was not going to accept it. I went to reception and told them how she had behaved and they told me not to worry and they would sort it. Bless them they did and we got the same price but she made us feel uncomfortable which was unprofessional.

I would recommend the hotel but not for children on a long stay. Despite the location which was only a very short walk to La Rambla, the hotel is for adults. Children need space and an indoor pool (at that time of year).

Food in Barcelona wasn't geared towards children. I didn't find a single restaurant that offered a kids menu! The hotel did offer concessions for children but it was adult food and not fun food kids enjoy on holiday.

Places to visit - We did all the Gaudi stuff, the beach and port, Barcelona Cathedral, Music/Oprah Tours and Picasso. Places were expensive to visit and it was a shame that more places didn't offer free admission for children under 11yrs. There was so much more we wanted to do, so I think another trip will be on the cards when my daughter is older.

Would I recommend the hotel? Yes for adults
Would I recommend Barcelona? Yes
Did I find it expensive? Very

I hope you find this helpful!

Diana.

Room Tip: Always barter for a good price! Never take the price price offered and always shop around.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank dianaandco
Reviewed November 2, 2011

beautifull hotel , loby and dinning room and terrace very nice stylish , amazing vue of Barcelona; just a remark :I was surprised to find the bath not very clean . it didn't match with the standing of the hotel .

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank dominique p
Reviewed November 1, 2011

A taxi from the airport was a 20 minute run. Great hotel in an 'up and coming area'. There were seedy side streets very close to the hotel, but they could be avoided simply, and the place felt safe the whole weekend. No more than 15 mins walk to the port or Placa Catalunya.
The room was clean and airy. A fantastic comfortable bed and an unusual layout was good too. Beware the mini bar prices, and even the rooftop terrace was a little more expensive than I'd normally look to pay. But then again, you're in a good hotel - you expect to pay a little over the odds.
Breakfast was buffet style, both continental and English style - great for setting you up for the day.
Not a hotel I'd choose to revisit with the kids, but for another kid free trip I'd definately go back

Room Tip: The higher the better as far as a view goes - remember the external metal blinds don't block the...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank simonrose3095
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Well located and with a very interesting design, the Hotel was very confortable and well mantained.
The terrace on the 11th floor, the 360º louge bar is very good and you can enjoy a very good view of Barcelona, all arround.
One day the maid forgot to leave one towel in the room, but it was not too bad, just a remark.
I would like to go there again...

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel alot , so clean , so weird and funky , very cozy and romantic , staff were very helpful and nice , room was very comfortable , breakfast was so delicious .

It was 5 min only walking away from the hotel to " Las Ramblas Street " many people warned us to be aware from pickpockets in the neighborhood but thank God nothing happened to us , we are very happy we choosed it and we will absolutely choose it in next trips .

Thank you Barcelo !!