“Excellent lunch option”
Review of Basilico Gastrobar

Basilico Gastrobar
Reserve with
Basilico Gastrobar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #887 of 9,534 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: El Raval
Description: The rotation is 180 °, the decor in the subject and even the offer but the basic pillars of ANDILANA still very recognizable in the development of Basilico Gastrobar. His letter, from fun and rogue or the strongest pecking his restaurant on the best seasonal produce and Mediterranean base and essence. Garden vegetables picked daily, selected meat to make old cow tartare with mustard ice cream, beef carpaccio and steak with foie or
Amsterdam, Holland
“Excellent lunch option”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

If you happen to find yourself around the Plaza da Espanya at lunch time, don't hesitate to walk one metro station down and come here (also on Monday, when many places like nearby Tickets is closed, but you can't get in there anyway without reservations). The 3-course meal special of the day at 10,30 euros comes at great value and very nice taste. The price also includes (good) bread and a 0,5L bottle of mineral water or a glass of wine. There was choice of 4 starters, 3 mains and 4 desserts. Service focuses on efficiency (not sophistication) and the interior is stylish in a modern way. Many locals too, though they will sit inside, as did we. Eating on the street is something mostly tourists do. I had a tartine with grilled vegetables and romesco sauce to start, grilled calamaris as main and walnut cake as dessert. Hubby had farfalle with shrimp, chicken filled with cheese and smoked ham and chocolate ice cream.

Visited July 2013

Canada
“Loved it! Away from all the commotion”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I randomly found this restaurant after walking 15 minutes from the illumination show at the Magic Fountain. We weren`t sure where to go but we definitely wanted to avoid tourist areas since restaurants charge a ridiculous amount for the food there. Nonetheless, we were so glad to find this! They had a gorgeous white candle lit cabana outside so we decided to sit there instead of inside since it was a nice night out. We ordered two bowls of spaghetti, bread, and a bottle of white wine and it was absolutely delicious! We were shocked when the bill came to just 28 euros. And on top of that, the service was great! This just shows you that you can enjoy incredible food in non tourist areas if you just take the time to explore. Well worth a visit. We`ll be back the next time we`re in Barcelona

• Visited June 2013
“Great food and atmosphere, so so service, but overall a good experience”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were recommended by our hotel staff. The restaurant looked really nice and the food was very good. It was very eclectic, not your typical Spaniard restaurant. It has a lot of Asian, Indian, Arabic and Italian influences. It was a very interesting experience. It was busy and the service wasn't the best. They were nice but not extremely attentive. We enjoyed the food and atmosphere and would definitely go again.

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Away from the Touristic crowds - I will go back again.”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Spent a few days in Barcelona and passed this restaurant by accident. It looked good from the outside and then a look at the menu it made the prices seem acceptable too.

The Metro station is Pablo Sec on L3. The restaurant is 3-4 min walk from the station.

It is well done, light, roomy, and spacious. I found the service was good with friendly staff and accomodating waiter\waitress. The place is clean and tidy away from the touristic crowds and the touristy rip off pricing.

The food was good. I enjoyed the meat dish, it was well cooked and very well presented. I am not good at wines and dont pretend to be either. I tend to be explore wines and just dont stick to bottles I know and approve. So I asked the waiter to recommend. The waiter called Sunny recommended the House White at Eur 7.50 a bottle. It was excellent and just as I liked it. It was called Bosco. I gather it is specially bottled for the restaurant. Excellent choice and recommended.
The guide books always rate Barcelona restaurants as expensive for what they serve. Here was a restaurant with good food good wine, good prices. I loved it so much I re-visited it before I left Barcelona. The second time there was a queue of 3 couples before it opened to get into the place.. Guess action speaks louder than words!!
I will be back.

• Visited April 2013
Leuven, Belgium
“Nice and cheap”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Nice atmosphere, the restourant is roomy and warmly furnished. The food was ejoyable: a very nice rivisitation of traditional dishes. Another plus is the kind and personally service.

• Visited February 2013