We were in the Restaurant in a party of 50 for a pre wedding dinner.
From the moment we arrived the understated service confidence and professionalism of all involved was immediately apparent. We loved the stylish garden and enjoyed a per dinner drink.
The restaurant itself is a joy with well spaced tables allowing plenty of space for audible conversation.
The meal was an absolute delight with culinary surprises, tastes that challenged and lifted the pallet. Course upon course served quietly, efficiently and professionally.
I have no idea of cost. Style confidence and stunning food and service. Highly recommended, the only other restaurant where i have dined that could hold a candle to it is Le Petit Nice in Marseilles. Both well worth visiting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GASTRONOMY, ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN... A UNIQUE GOURMET EXPERIENCE ABaC Restaurant Hotel Monument 5* GL is located in Sarria-Sant Gervasi, the upper zone of Barcelona, with views to the Kennedy square and surrounded with the vegetation of La Tamarita gardens. Close to the most important points of the city. Work of the architect Antoni de Moragas, consists of two buildings integrated in a garden. The centennial building was refurbished due to its historical value and it was the old residence of Dona Madronita, an intellectual of the born Catalan bourgeoisie at the end of XIX century. She was the daughter of the famous pharmacist Dr. Andreu, and she was the wife of the North American Max Klein (president of the Chamber of Commerce of the United States and one of the introducers of the basketball in Spain). On the other hand, the new crystal pavilion is covered of lattices of wood and joined the garden. Landscape and architecture give themselves the hand in a space of pure lines. ROOMS The hotel offers 15 luxurious rooms completely soundproof, with a vanguardist decoration, the greater comfort and technical advances. Room facilities: • Totally soundproof. • Parquet flooring and exotic wood. • Independent air conditioning & heating. • Wireless high Speed internet connection. • Bang & Olufsen telephon • Bang & Olufsen 32", 42" & 50" television. • DVD. • Direct telephone line. • "Merten" remote control for lights and blinds. • "Nespresso" coffee machine. • Mini-bar. • Safety box. • 2X2 Mattress "Treca de Paris" • Linen yarn. • Gaston & Daniela textiles. • Working desk. • Jacuzzi with chromo therapy. • 40X40, Rain effect shower. • Welcome amenities: Hermes • Hairdryer. DINING In 2000 ABaC Restaurant opened its doors in his first location, Carrer del Rec 79 in Barcelona. In May 2008 changed to his new address in Avenida Tibidabo, 1. The gastronomy is the fundamental axis of the project. The restaurant awarded with 2** Michelin, and nominated by The Best Restaurant 2011 in Catalonia by the Catalan Academy of Gastronomy, can seat up to 56 diners. Located in the newly constructed pavilion in direct contact with the garden, the interior and the exterior are found through large windows. It is a caprice of whites, in all tones. In a calm, neutral and elegant atmosphere, the sense of sophistication is shaped by the small details and the materials used, as well as a sophisticated combination of lights. The kitchen of 200 m2 has been designed by Joaquim Casademont. It is a black container, in which stainless steel furniture takes all leadership, an effect that has been reinforced by the lighting, a route marked by leds serves as a guide and allows the guests to cross it. Rooms for private events with a capacity of 20 to 60 diners respectively, complete its restoration facilities. The "Lounge Bar", which opens until 2.00 P.M. And where the music, light and color of the room subtly change;There is also an extensive cellar, offering near 1000 references, and from which you can select your perfect wine. Chef Jordi Cruz and his team of young professionals develop a creative cusine of superb technique, based on the product and which meets both creativity and tradition. In addition, our attentive yet friendly service create a professional but relaxed atmosphere, which makes ABaC holder of 2** Michelin. MEETING-ROOMS Conference and events meeting rooms, from 2 to 60 people, equipped with the most modern technology. For whatever event you may wish to undertake, our highly qualified personnel will take care of every detail and will work with you in all aspects regarding organisation to guarantee a memorable experience for all present and successful outcome to your meeting. SPA - ELEMIS Located in a private area of the ABaC Hotel, this is the place to find the most personalised gift for our customers: Their Wellbeing. • Jacuzzi with underwater sunbeds • Cold pool • Hammam • Two treatment cabins Room 1: Water bed with sea waves effect and adjustable temperature. Chromo therapy Room 2: Double room. (Bed and tatami) • Cleopatras (Heated sunbeds) • Manual therapies. • Facial treatments. • Asiatic therapies. OTHER SERVICES: • 24 hrs. Room service. • 24 Hrs. Concierge service. • Laundry and valet service. • Multilingual personnel. • Closed Circuit TV. • Fire extinguishing system. • Wireless high speed internet connection. • Parking. • Valet. • Limousine service and luxury car service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your ABaC Barcelona Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abac Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- ABaC Barcelona Hotel Catalonia